Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my best friend...

elenas

• Members

About 14 years ago my parents and I were on the way home from the beach when we spotted a cat sitting beside the road eatting grass. My dad slowed the car down and I flew outside the car, picking him up and bringing him into the car. We drove home and he immediately became friends with everyone in the house and we named him Binky, he was still young then, maybe a year or so old. He was always around me and I loved him like a brother, he quickly became my best friend. We've been through a lot together.

A week ago everything was fine, I remember petting him before I went to bed on Saturday night. He was acting just fine, until early Sunday morning, he was upstairs with my brother, he normally stayed in my room at night, but he was upstairs then. My brother said he let out a really strange meow early in the morning, it was still dark. He figured Binky was chasing our other cat around and it was her that meowed so he went back to sleep. He woke up a little while later to our cat hissing. He got up and saw our cat lying on in his doorway with his mouth open. He rushed downstairs with the cat and he woke everyone up. It looked like he ate something poisonous or got bit by something. We rushed to the emergency vet.. but on the way as I was holding him, he died in my arms... We continued to the vet anyway - we wanted to know what was wrong with him, it was very early in the morning and we were the only ones there, after they rushed Binky back it only took the vet maybe a minute to come into the room we were in to confirm that he was dead, and that he died of a blood clot.. we went home and buried him... a few days later I looked up blood clots and it didnt really seem that was what it was, normally the animal either dies instantly or its fairly prolonged, this took about 45 minutes...? Well anyway we got home and buried him, but I am so afraid that he may have been still alive despite what the vet said... he wasn't breathing that I could tell but I thought maybe he ate something and it made it seem like he was dead when he wasn't.. kind of like that drug that makes it seem like you're dead when you're not..

It's been a week now since we buried him and it was hard on everyone, especially my mom and I. We buried him in a box in a clearing in the woods right behind our house, we put a big rock on top and planted a tree and some flowers around it. I go out there to tend to the plants and to visit his grave everyday, but I have a horrible feeling that despite being told by the vet that he was gone, that we buried him alive and I can't sleep any more... I want to dig up his grave but at the same time I think it's a bad idea... I think I'm going crazy. 

• Members

hi   elenas    i just   join here  was reading what happened to your cat sorry  really i  am   :(  i know how  you feel l lost my dog two  years ago   still  sad about it :(

it happened  like this  my grand neice was over  we were out in the back yard out on the porch  and my gran neice she was leaving she wanted to  go out to the front yard  we ttold her not no go through the house she went throug the gate my dog got out  and 3 days later she died   i know my grand neice  did not mean it she was only  9 at the time  we brought  my dog to the vets she died there   they said she died of  think it was kidney or liver  part of me thinks it my fault i should of made sure the gate was closed  and i did not     do that  :( my dog was my best friend to her name was mazie boston terrier had her for 13 years   had another dog to before  i got the boston terrier and one day we took her to the grommers and she died there  some kind of seizure  of something  we did not have that dog  that long     i feel auful to   meg

• Members
butterfly13

One year ago today I lost my little love Sonny!!I still miss you more than ever my little baby!!!!Hope to see you one day in a better place!!!Love your mommy!!!!

Archived