Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my pet

tillidon

• Members

I can't even make it through the day.  My Italian Greyhound Tilli passed away yesterday well I had to put her down she was suffering.  I feel like I an going to throw up and totally lost and sick.

• Members

So sorry to hear that... My thoughts are with you.  I will be in your position very soon with my aging cocker-spaniel (Koty).. When I read your post a pain went straight to my heart... Please take care and know that your being thought of during this painful time...

Dewdrop :(

• Members

I lost Karl - my sweet cat boy on Mar 23rd this year.  He was diabetic and had been steadily declining for the last two months of his life.   He hung on as long as he could and I hung on to him to give him the medical care that would help him.

We had nine years together.  He was just a big, old, grey tom cat with a down turned ear that no one else wanted. (he had been at Petsmart for almost 6 months searching for a forever home). 

Whenever I walked by the adoption center, he was just standing and watching the world.  The night I decided to adopt him, the woman behind me also wanted him.  He would be one of several cats in her home.  She had just felt sorry that he had been there for so long.  If he was still there that night, she was going to get him.

For me, I had just lost my dog of 13 years and wanted Karl to be part of my family to help fill the void. She gratiously said - you take him.  Thank you - what a generous heart.

Karl and I went home that night. I was blessed with the most wonderful companion.

I miss him.

Archived