Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost our Precious Angel Cassidy

mayo129

• Members

We lost my 2 1/2 year old Granddaughter, Cassidy 3 weeks ago today. I am so heartbroken over her sudden loss. :( I don't know how to help my daughter. Cassidy was a wonderful, happy little girl who brought such happiness to everyone who ever saw her. On April 6, 2009, she just wouldn't wake up. My daughter tried CPR until the paramedics came but it was too late. If someone could try to help us get through this with suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. My daughter is spiraling downward and I don't know what to do.

• Members

Cassidy's Grandma

The loss of a child is the loss of all we knew and all we though was good and right in the world.  We have a new normal now.  Your daughter may need a shoulder to cry on as she tries to accept her new normal.

All I can say is be there for her.  No to give advice or tell her what to do, just be there.  Help her with her regular days activities, because even those are going to be a major chore for a while.

Just breathing and standing up-right will be a major chore for a while

Hug her, tell her you love her, and as she is on her knees crying, go with her.

In my experience, this lasted a good 5-6 months before I could process more then one thought "How could my baby die?"  After that time, my brain allowed me to process more then just this thought, but only for short times.

I am 10 months into this horrific journey and I still think of my beautiful boy everyday, but I am able to go to work and get things done, not as good as I did, but I am at least doing it.

It does get better, but it takes a LONG time

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

Archived