Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New to boards

mickeysmommy

• Members
mickeysmommy

Hello,

My name is Lisa, and I lost my beautiful daughter on Feb 4,2009. She came home from an evening with her best friend and went to bed for the night and got her wings. Her brother found her in bed when he went to get her up for school. They still cant tell me why I no longer have my beautiful daughter with me. My 4 other boys are scared to go to bed thinking that if it can happen to Mickey, it can happen to them. She was 16.

Just when I felt our life was heading in the right direction. My husband of 13 1/2 years was killed in a car accident the day before thanksgiving 05. Things were starting to look up. We were looking forward to 09. Now I want to go back to 08.

Thank you,  

• Members

Dear Lisa,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter, Mickey.  You have come to the right place.  We who have lost children, understand as few others can.  Please tell us about your daughter, when you are ready.   I lost my son Stephen 23 months ago and I would like to assure you that the pain does lessen.  I know how difficult the early months are and how painful each day can be.

Please come here often, read, post and allow yourself to be surrounded by the compassion and empathy you will find here.

I will be praying for your peace.

• Members

Lisa - I am so sorry you have had such a time.  Your Mickey is one beautiful girl.  This is a journey none of us wants to be on.  I am so sorry you have also lost  your husband. 

Here is a place where you can share your story, your Mickey, and hopefully find some comfort. 

I post on loss of an Adult mainly.  My son died 2yrs ago, he was 31.  But please come often and read or post when you can. There are threads for loss of a teenager and loss of a partner, all have their own words of support and understanding. You are never alone here.

Trudi

• Members
daniellemom

Lisa - Your daughter Mickey is beautiful! I'm so sorry for your loss. I also lost my daughter Danielle at age 21 in a car accident. Come ofter and tell us about Mickey. I normally also post on the adult child.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

• Members
dannysmomma

Lisa...I'm so sorry for your loss:(Mickey is a beautiful girl.I recently lost my son Danny ,he was 19,to Sudden Onset Juvenile Diabetes.He also passed in his sleep.I have found a lot of comfort here in the past 3 weeks ,while sad that any of us have to be here,it helps to have others who truly understand the grief you are feeling.{{{hugs}}Lyn

• Members

Lisa, I am so very sorry for your loss.  I am glad you have found us here at Beyond Indigo, we mostly post on "loss of an adult child"   My daughter Bethany died on September 20th, 2008, from sudden heart death.  She went out with a friend and collapsed on the way to her car ( she was coming home to be home before curfew) They never revived her.  She had a slight heart murmur but nothing they say should have killed her.  The cardiologist said, "sometimes these things happen."  I am so sorry for your loss.  I sometimes wonder how I would feel about her death had she come home and died in her sleep, would that be easier or harder, I dont know.  Please join us on the 'loss of an adult child' we are all here to help each other, sometimes we read, sometimes we post, we are all on this journey together and try to help each other. Tell us more about your beautiful daughter when you feel you can.  My Bethany was 17.5 when she died, she was our only child, we are devastated but find a way to get up and dressed most days. 

Warm Welcoming Hugs to you,

Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

What part of the country are you in?

• Members
mickeysmommy

Thank you for your kind words. I honestly dont think any thing could have made this easier. home or away. knowing or not knowing. They are thinking maybe Mickey had something wrong with her heart also. I am still waiting to hear. That is the hardest part, the not knowing. My 14yr old son who found her, is scarred to go to sleep. Cause if it can happen to her it might happen to him.

• Members

I apologize , maybe easier was the wrong word, we are thankful that Bethany was not driving when her heart stopped suddenly, we woul dhave never known what happened.  Her heart murmur should not have killed her.  I am sorry I used the wrong words. Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members
dannysmomma

Lisa..I found my son in the morning and woke everyone else up.My 22 & 18 year old's laid next to him until they came to take Danny away.It was so heart-breaking but it's what John and Stef needed to do for their brother.John is still afraid  of mornings and the first thing he does is check on his siblings.Keep the lines of communication open,I know hard to do while you're trying hard to keep yourself together.I know I am still traumatized by having found him that way so I can only imagine how your 14 yr old is feeling.I don't think there's anything I can offer to help soothe his fears other than give him time and the opportunity to talk about them or maybe recommend he keep a journal to write down what he's feeling.{{hugs}}Lyn

• Members
mickeysmommy

its ok, after I lost my husband, in grief group there would be talk back and forth about which would be easier. Knowing this was going to happen or not knowing. I dont think eather one is easier then the other. 

I was thankful that when my husband had his accident no one else was injured. Loosing him was hard enough.

• Members

Lisa,

I am sorry for your loss, Mickey is a very beautiful girl. I am sure you will find the support

you need on the forums as I know it has helped me.

never_lose_faith_small_banner.jpg

• Members

Lisa,

Your daughter Mickey is beautiful.  I am so sorry for the pain, My son, Adam was also 16 and died March 25, 2008 as a result of an automobile accident, he was driving to school.  He was our only child.  I have come to believe there is no "easier" - whether they died in the sleep, died in an accident, died of an illness.  I, myself, believe each has is own he l l and its own blessing.  (sorry for the language).  It does help to vent to those who truly understand, and we want to know your Mickey and you.  Please tell us about her.  My Adam loved skateboarding, he ran cross-country, loved music, was wonderful building things with motors, etc. and had built boats, cars, even cars that he attached small firecrackers to and  shot them down the road.  For now honey, just breathe and rest and eat and take it easy on yourself.  We are here whenever you feel up to "talking"

Love, Terrie (Adam's mom)

Archived