Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

For Enid

mattsmum

• Members

Dear Enid,

I spoke to Sarie yesterday and she said that she knew about Ethan and had sent a message to your church.  She was very sad to learn about his death.

Here is a small note from her in Afrikaans - I hope I have typed this correctly!

Enid, so jammer om te hoor van jou seun.  Mag die heve wat die vrede gee julle harte vertroos.

Ons bid vir julle en dat julle sterkte van bo sal ontvang.

Lief vir julle,

Sarie en Eloff xx

Hugs

Gerry x

Ps I don't know if you saw this in an earlier post, but here is Sarie and Eloff with Chev and Angus.

post-25842-128153892428_thumb.jpg

• Members
ethansmuffin

Dearest Gerry

Thank you so much for the message from Sarie end Eloff.....Yes I saw the picture of the family...Angus is so adorable...look so much like Theoline.....I will post soon...just need to find my strenght again....this week is not a good week for me.....but I will be ok again....

Thank you so much for everything.....You are a real blessing to this forum

All my Love

Enid

• Members

Enid,

I am so sorry that you are struggling at the moment - oh I remember the feelings so well.  Healing from this dreadful grief is a slow process and you are so new to the Journey of Grief.  Please be kind to yourself, do what you have to do, because nobody but you knows how you are feeling day by day. 

All I will say to you is that things will get better, but it takes time.  Each day will bring new emotions, a return to old emotions, you might get up one day and think, 'I was happy yesterday, why not today?'  That is how grief is it is cyclical, it goes round and round, returns, goes away, comes back.

I know that my healing came through crying, retelling my story over and over again.  That is why this forum is great for newly bereaved parents because we might feel that our loved ones are sick of hearing our story.  But here, we can retell and know that people will understand and will support us.

As time passes, the weeks turn into months and the months into years, you will find strength to cope without Ethan.  It will always be painful because he is not here, but the pain gets softer with time and does not have that raw edge to it.  There will be laughter and happiness again, but it has to be learned we are happy around our child's death.  Because there will always be that yearning and that missing, which never go away.

Will keep you in prayer that your heart might be comforted in your time of need, that you might be given strength to cope with each day and a feeling of your child's beloved presence.

Hugs

Gerry x

Archived