Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Pat's beautiful boy, Adam

mattsmum

• Members

I have uploaded two pictures of Pat's beautiful boy, Adam.  I am astounded by the beautiful children we have here on BI.

Gerry x

Adam1.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

• Members

Pat,

What a beautiful, young man.  Your son was the same age as mine when he died.  When I look at his face, I see contentment in who he was. 

Taken so young.  Like my son, the facial hair is just starting and being a blonde, it blends in pretty good.

Thank you for sharing - Gerry, you are too nice.

Colleen,  Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Colleen,

Thank you so much for your compliments on my Adam.

I look at the picture on here now and like I told Gerry, I didn't realize how it would affect me, but tears or not, I'm glad all of you can see him now. He was and is a very special young man and it is my honor to share him. Just wish I didn't have to share him under these circumstances.

I check on all of you every day and you are all in my thoughts. I've been on this journey for almost twelve years now and it does get better, but it will take time...lots and lots of time.

Pat....Adam's Mom

• Members

Pat...Adam is a very handsome young man, I enjoy the two pics showing different emotions  of his...very nice.

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Pat; the pictures of your son are stunning!!!!! You mommies and daddies do such an AWESOME job posting such great pictures.  I had to have someone come help me today just to get my Tanner from being sidesways and I also had them add my son's scholarship.  they even had a hard time doing.  So you guys ROCK with you pictures.  Someday I hope to be able to honor my son with pictures also;   They really help me by knowing who is who Marcia with her daughter and her black eyeliner eyes;;;; so awesome; I know we are all so thankful for the pictures we have of our kids;   I hope today was a gentle day for all......I think of everyone and this BI site all the time; I am here almost every day. 

Lorri; I am glad you finally got the Alan Jackson.  I loved it also; wish I could post it here but that would take a town to help me with that one.... My blessings to all; went to the cementary today and took tulips;  no tears today??????????

Cindy; Tanner's Mama

scholarship

• Members
johnnysmama

Pat

Adam is so handsome! He looks so fun and soulful. I love his hair. Thank you for sharing your boy with us and thank you Gerry for helping.

Hugs

Kay

• Members

Dan,

Thank you so much..Both of these pictures do reflect both sides of him..the serious one and the fun loving one. Ironically, these were taken in November before he died in April, the last known ones taken of him other than the one on his driver's license.

Your Nick was very handsome also and I know how proud you are of him. I have visited your website for him and I must say, you have done an excellent job. Take care of you.

Always...Pat...Adam's mom

• Members

Cindy,

Thank you also for your compliments. I think all the children here are beautiful and stunning..

As for putting the pictures on here, I am not the brightest crayon in the box and if it hadn't been for Gerry, I probably couldn't have done this. But thank goodness she was willing to help and everyone now has a face with the name.

Always...Pat....Adam's Mom

• Members

Kay,

Thank you...if you could lift Adam's hair up, you would see that he had it shaved to the scalp (not that you could miss it, he had sooo much of it). He was very particular about how it looked and if he was having a bad hair day, hence the baseball cap..He was definitely a character.

Your Johnny is very handsome also, love the smile!!!

Always...Pat...Adam's Mom

• Members

[user=25004]adamsmom[/user] wrote:

Kay,

Thank you...if you could lift Adam's hair up, you would see that he had it shaved to the scalp (not that you could miss it, he had sooo much of it). He was very particular about how it looked and if he was having a bad hair day, hence the baseball cap..He was definitely a character.

That is funny about the hair...I can't count the times i'd be sitting there and Nick would walk in with either some crazy haircut or he would dye his hair "jet black", "pink", "red" ...just the craziest thing. Supposedly with his condition that is actually a common thing they do. How wierd is it.....He was driving up I-95 major highway on the east coast, stopped at little town grabbed some hair dye and stopped at a rest stop and dyed his hair....I'd give any thing to see those colors again.....

• Members

Dan,

I would let Adam shave his head if I could just see him one more time..Funny how our children all had similar traits..It's like they all knew somehow that they had to live as much in one day as they could. They couldn't experience enough...

I guess the one thing I regret about Adam's short life was that he had come to me and asked if he could get his ear pierced. Now keep in mind this was over twelve years ago (ear piercing was just starting) and I told him that if his Dad said he could, I didn't have a problem with it..needless to say, he never got it done..Oh how I wish now that I had just told him to go ahead...hind sight...

Hugs....Pat

• Members

Dan,

I would let Adam shave his head if I could just see him one more time..Funny how our children all had similar traits..It's like they all knew somehow that they had to live as much in one day as they could. They couldn't experience enough...

I guess the one thing I regret about Adam's short life was that he had come to me and asked if he could get his ear pierced. Now keep in mind this was over twelve years ago (ear piercing was just starting) and I told him that if his Dad said he could, I didn't have a problem with it..needless to say, he never got it done..Oh how I wish now that I had just told him to go ahead...hind sight...

Hugs....Pat

Don't beat yourself up, Pat - Matt wanted his ears pierced and DH said 'No.'  He never got around to having it done because of the chemo treatment and infections.

We all wanted to be the best parents for our kids - and do you know what, two days before Matt died, he said to me, 'You have both been the best parents ever, the best parents any kid could have.'  That for me, summed it all up.

Adam knew you had his best interests at heart - he loved you both, warts and all;)

Hugs

Gerry

• Members

[user=27196]nicksdad[/user] wrote:

That is funny about the hair...I can't count the times i'd be sitting there and Nick would walk in with either some crazy haircut or he would dye his hair "jet black", "pink", "red" ...just the craziest thing. Supposedly with his condition that is actually a common thing they do. How wierd is it.....He was driving up I-95 major highway on the east coast, stopped at little town grabbed some hair dye and stopped at a rest stop and dyed his hair....I'd give any thing to see those colors again.....

Nicksdad,

I would do the same.  My son was always having his hair permed!  Then highlighted, then cut short...we could never keep up with him.  But he was very proud of his hair - some might say a bit vain, but we loved him for it;)

Whatever funny little foibles, habits our children had, we loved them unconditionally - they were/are our flesh and blood.

Gerry x

• Members

You are something else lady...you can bring a smile to my face when I need it the most.

Matt knew what he had and he wanted you to know...now that, is a memory....

Hugs...Pat

• Members

Kay,

Oh Pat, Matt was just the same, so particular with his hair.  Somewhere, I have a small picture of him with Adam's style of hair (the 'curtains' parting).  He would spend hours in front of the mirror, combing, moussing, till it was 'perfect.'  He was gutted when after his first round of chemo, it started falling out - one day, my daughter came over and shaved it off for him:(

Gerry x

• Members

Gerry, glad to know that Adam wasn't the only "vain" one. Like I told Kay, if the hair didn't do exactly what he wanted it to do...out came the baseball cap...

And your daughter knew what her brother needed and did it for him...such love..

Hugs...Pat

• Members

Dan,

Hugs....Pat

pat...Never had to have that discussion because he just showed up one day with his ear pierced..did it himself...Thought that was crazy and wife hated it with a passion. But, my thing was it's his body and it was fine...Got a little wierd when he did his tongue (didn't last long) and his lip...But then he did his nipples also. Real wierd at that point....But the girls thought he looked great

Archived