Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my dad

piper1985

• Members

My Dad died 6 months ago, and I guess its been a particulary hard time cause I had to go through Christmas and then his birthday within a week of each other. Without him here, life just seems so painful. I was Daddy's little girl, and now that he's gone I don't even know who I am anymore, I don't feel like I fit in with my family. He was my best friend as well as my father, the man who chased away all my fears and always made me feel safe loved whenever I was upset or scared. And now I'm left, the oldest of four children, trying to be strong for my mother and siblings. But inside it hurts so much I feel like I can't breathe. Everyday that passes feels like I'm being taken further away from him. When I get really upset missing him, my first reaction is always to try and text him or go to him, because that's what I always did, but he's not there anymore. He was that one person I had in my life that I could always turn to, who gave me the strength to do everything. And now he's gone.

• Members

Your post sounds like I wrote it. I had a very similar relationship with my dad.  I am so sorry that you lost him and, for that reason, you too are lost. 

What I can tell you is this (from my experience)...

I learned that life as I knew it (before dad died) is gone...and so is the person I was. I need to find happiness and life in this new existence without him--it's hard to do, but it's impossible to be the person we were before that tragic event.

So try and find happiness in your world without your dad. He will always be in your memory, but would be devastated to know that his passing affected your future so much...

It's a long road we are on, finding out who we are as women without the most important man in our lives...but our dad's raised us to be strong women and it's up to us to make sure that their hard work wasn't for nothing.

Good luck...feel free to msg me if you ever want to talk.

Archived