Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

adamsmum

adamsmum

• Members

my son adam was knocked of his bike on the 18/10/08 and died on the 20/10/08 in icu he was 16 years old i saw this site and have been reading the stories of people with the same heartache as me He was my only child and i am finding it very hard to cope without him my partner is the same but he has returned to work I am out of work due to a broken elbow that happened a while a go I dread christmas and would love to go away bu we live with my mum who is also heartbroken please excuse my writing as i am not very good on the computor

• Members

My heart goes out to you, I also  lost my only child on 9/20/08, I stumbled upon this website while looking for books about "getting through the loss of a child".  I find that the people on this site are extremely supportive and all of us are at a little bit different place in our journey. .. my prayers go out to you during this difficult holiday season...the other mothers here tell me it gets 'easier' with time, my time here is still too short, but I do believe them and hope with all of my heart that someday the pain will not be so intense....I find myself posting on the loss of adult child and also loss of a teenager forums.    May I be the first to welcome you....may you find that all of the love and prayers here help you in your so new grief. 

Warm Hugs, Marcia   Bethany's Mom

• Members

[user=25472]adamsmum[/user] wrote:

my son adam was knocked of his bike on the 18/10/08 and died on the 20/10/08 in icu he was 16 years old i saw this site and have been reading the stories of people with the same heartache as me He was my only child and i am finding it very hard to cope without him my partner is the same but he has returned to work I am out of work due to a broken elbow that happened a while a go I dread christmas and would love to go away bu we live with my mum who is also heartbroken please excuse my writing as i am not very good on the computor

adamsmum -  My heart breaks as another young life is lost and another mum struggles to find her way.  Losing a child, a grandchild flies in the face of all we once held to be true......I am glad you found your way here. 

While each story here differs slightly, the thread that continues through is the loss of a child.  It is something that alters us forever..I hope by being here you may be able to take each day one step, one breath at a time. 

I have been here 23 months and believe me the understanding, support and genuine empathy found within has given me strength I thought I had lost forever.

Come often, read or post when you can. This is the place where you can share your journey and someone will know you by your story......

Take Care....Trudi

• Members

Adamsmum, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son and only child Adam. 

You have found a wonderful place to come to visit, talk, grieve and connect with people who know exactly how you feel.  I lost my only son, Stephen 18 months ago.  I know that the journey is difficult but with the help of this Board I found I could face life once again, one moment at a time, one day at a time. 

Some days I awaken to  very wonderful memories of my son and my heart is happy  I am grateful for those days and will pray for you as you continue on this journey

Betty 

• Members

Adamsmum:

I am so sorry sweetie.  I too am a mom to Adam, who was also 16 and also my only child.  Adam died on March 25, 2008.  There are people here who can help, they understand and they will be here for you anytime, day or night.  I will keep your Adam and you in my prayers.  You are very early on in your bereavement.  Please reach out for help, especially to those on this forum, they are a wonderful source of sanity in this insane place we are all in.  May you find peace this Christmas and in the future.    Adam's mom - Terrie

• Members

Adams Mother

I took lost a 16 year old, but he was carsurfing and the boy that was driving hit 3 trees going 68 miles an hour with my son on the hood.

I do not know how we get through this.  Sometimes it is literally one second at a time.  My family has taken a vacation to Miami for Christmas, because we could not stand to wake up in our home with one less child.

My heart and thoughts are with you during this most difficult of jouneys.

You will find some comfort here.  I sure have.  Here there are people who know how you feel.  The depth of pain I never knew existed.  The loss is final and forever.  That is the hardest thing to deal with.

Adams Mom, please consider yourself hugged by all of us here at BI.  Come visit us often.  I have found much help here.  Ask us questions and we will tell you the truth.

Love is sent your way

Colleen  Brian's Mother Forever

Archived