Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of a child

mymallory

• Members

hi! i lost my little girl mallory rose in a car wreck. a marta bus ran a stop sign and that was the end of both of our lives. it will be 4 years in april 09.

• Members

Hi and Welcome

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your little girl.   I understand your pain and the feeling that your life ended with the loss of your child.  My son passed away 18 months ago and I know life, as I lived it before is gone. 

You are in the right place.  I come here and feel very safe  and not so alone.  The understanding and compassion from this group has helped me to go on each day.

When you can, please tell us about your daughter and yourself.

You are in my prayers.

Betty

• Members

thank you! i have never reached out to any one on the internet! i have a rather large catholic family and they have been wonderful! only there lives seem to keep going on and mine has not!

katie

• Members

Hi Katie,

Yes everyones life seems to just be moving forward and I understand the feeling of not being part of the movement.  It is a difficult journey into this new normal that we find ourselves in.  Keep taking baby steps, reaching out here to others who know the depths of your pain , and each day try to do one nice thing for yourself.  I am sure you know prayer helps.  The pain softens as you release it here  but never goes away.   I try to remember the many beautiful memories that I cherish and be grateful for the years I was so blessed to have him in my life.

God Bless You

Betty

• Members

Since heaven has become your home

I sometimes feel I'm so alone;

And though we now are far apart

You hold a big piece of my heart

I never knew how much I'd grieve

When it was time for you to leave

Or just how much my heart would ache

From that one fragment you would take

God lets this tender hole remain,