Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Organ Donation

calebsmomma

• Members

This weekend is National Organ Donation Sabbath Nov 14-16, please pray for me as I speak to our congregation at our church about organ donation. 

Caleb listing himself in the national resistry made our decision to follow his wishes so easy and has helped us deal knowing something positive came from our son's death. 

Anyway, public speaking has never been something I was good at but I felt led to do this. So Pray that God grants me peace and strength.

Carmen

• Members
heartbeataway

Peace and strength from Texas ..... our son was an organ donor.

• Members

Peace and Strength to you. Follow your heart and all will be well.

I had to renew my drivers license last month and made sure I was on the national registry as well. :)

• Members

KOURTNEY WAS AN ORGAN DONOR..BUT SHE HAD AN INFECTION AT THE END AND COULDNT...I FELT IT WAS ANOTHER THING SHE WANTED TODO IN LIFE BUT DIDNT GET TO

• Members

God Bless Carmen,

I am sure that Caleb is smiling on you as you do the work of your angel. What a wonderful legacy.

My Daughter Erica was a donor, though she was unable to give her organs due to lack of oxygen when we had the machines turned off. She was able, however, to give the gift of sight to two people, and her heart valves as well as her bone. The Gift of Life, Michigan were wonderful to work with.

Peace,

Dee

• Members

I have heard so many people say they wanted to but weren't able to donate because of the medical condition of their loved one, I feel blessed that this is one gift that God granted me. 

Keep the prayers going up.  I have my facts and figures ready, my personal testimony ready, and the consent forms, pins and table ready to set up.  The midwest transplant center of KS and MO have been wonderful even overnighting info, and things to hand out. 

I just felt led to do this, maybe after doing this I can finally respond to the letters I have received thanking us for letting Caleb be a donor. 

Caleb gave 4 people a second chance of life, both corneas and bone and tissue were also donated.  I imagine people don't fully realize (I know I didn'T) all the ways bone and tissues are used. 

Caleb will be holding my hand and giving it squeezes, I'm sure of it. I just have to be open enough to feel it without falling apart.

Carmen

• Members

For calebsmomma~ My Danny was an organ donor~ He saved five lives in donation, and his sister made the call for him as she knew this was something that he wanted to do, although it was not on his license at the time of his accident. He was kept alive on life support, as they gathered 5 recipients.

As difficult as this was, in the end it was quite remarkable. Just like Danny~

ALL of our angels are remarkable, and I love them all...

God Bless us all, and know that each one of them carries us in the palms of their hands...xoxoxo

LOVE

mamabets

• Members

All

My son, Brian was an eye and tissue donor.  We could not donate organs, because he died at the scene of the accident and continuous blood flow is required in order to donate.

I would like to add a comment directed to the Doctor's who do the transplants - Please complete the transplant forms associated with the donor.  We as parents receive this information as to how our loved ones donation has helped someone else.  The donor establishment stated they can only inform parents of gifts used when the doctors complete the necessary paperwork.

My family has only received one recipient card, for cornea donation - helped 2 people see.

Colleen - Brian's Mom Forever

• Members
shirleybjsmom

Hello Colleen,

I have not been on this site for a really long time. it was very nice to get on and see someone else talk about organ donation. our son b.j. was also killed in a automobile accident,he was brain dead at the scene but because his heart was still beating the e.m.t.s and paramedics took all the necessary steps b.j. was life flighted to the trauma center in our area Altoona,pa. but his heart stopped in route. like your son no major organs were able to be donated, but there are so many parts of the human body that can help people it's amazing.

We were sent through the pittsburgh area unit CORE.  They have been so good to us and our cordinator at the time has help out in our healing process in so many ways. We have had the pleasure of meeting the one cornea receipent, a wonderful older gentlemen. and made a commercial that aired on  cbs channel 10. like to talk more.

GOD  BLESS

Shirley 

Archived