Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my story

sammyl

• Members

I am not really sure how to start... my pregancy was normal no need for concerns I had other cildren and they were all born healty no need to worry. I went into labor at about 3pm on the third of Oct. he was born hours later. So very beautiful he look like an angel. I did not realize he was sick until they haded him to me and he turned blue. They rushed him to the NCIU and proceeded to fix me up. It was hours before I knew anything. I lay in the recovery room and cryed as other  mother held her baby. They were so happy she had all of her family, I lay there alone. The doctor came in and said that my baby boy had a rare disease called Hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. The left valve of his heart was to small to pump the blood to his heart to allow him to breath on his own. He needed a special procedure done and they could not do it at this hosptial so they sent him to UCLA. I was not able to go with him because I needed to get my other babies settled. But a few days later I joined him . The operation lasted 11 hours. He bleed out a few times but It appeared to be a sucess. Now we waited! I remember being so tired but I couldnt sleep. Crying and unable to eat. I remember at a time when I was in needed of comfort God used me to bring comfort tom others. When I thought I would break down I rememember praying for others. People that never  saw my son knew him for such a little one he touched a nd encourage so many.

I remember the frist time I steped into the recovery room. They tried to brace me but words could not describe what I saw. My baby Isaiah was hooked up to so many machines. He lay lifeless in the bed. His heart still open with a body size bandage so you could not see his heart but, I saw it I saw his heart beating tubes, blood being pumped out than pumped back in. I was soo helpless. They placed him in a induced coma so that he would not move and knock something loose. I stayed by his side for days it looked like was going to make it. He had weight on his side and age it really looked good. He developed a strock in his brain the doctors were going to think about taking him off life support but I was not ready to make that choice. They sent me home for a day because my face, feet and hands became swollen. They said I needed to rest for a day. I went home to see my other babies. The next day I went back. They had reduced some of his medicine so I could see his eyes open they were big and brown. He watched me he know who I was......the strock grew we had no choice but to take him off life support. I held his hand kissed him he tried so hard to stay awake but with all the medication he was so tired and so was I... I kised him and told him how much mommy loved him.I said that he could rest I would be here. They let me wah him up. Than ask me too leave so that they could take him off of life support, When the doctor came back he told me that he died.:(:XI am stuck its been five years! I want to live but I am soooo stuck.

• Members

IM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS...NO MATTER WHAT THE AGE ITS A HARD LOSS..(MY STORY IS IN MY PROFILE) WE WENT THROUGH ALOT OF THE SAME THINGS YOU DID W/ KOURTNEY....THE NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS. SHE HAS BEEN GONE $ LOOOOONNNGGG MONTHS....SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND...WE DID EVERYTHING TOGETHER.....I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....MAYBE KOURTNEY IS GETTING TO PLAY W/ YOUR LIL BOY....SHE NEVER GOT TO HAVE KIDS...:(

KOURTNEY LYNN BRACKETT-CARGALS

MOMMY

FEBRUARY 27,1986 TO JUNE 17,2008

• Members

Tears fill my eyes. It must have been so hard to have to make a choice like that. I could not imagine. I'm so sorry. Would write more but am speechless right now. So sorry.

Amanda

• Members

Hello, Thank you for reading the story of my little boy. I have not really shared it with a lot of people. It has been hard holding it in just to share it with others that care is healing thank yuou for taking the time.:)

• Members

Hello,

It takes a graceful and loving mother to stand by their children no matter what, you must be a very loving, graceful, and loving mother. Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to read my story. Your words are very kind.:)

Archived