Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Suicidal during divorce

mercuryfalling79

• Members
mercuryfalling79

Divorce is a death. I know that for many people its a wonderful way to become single and collect money from a spouse, but for some its simply a devastating and ruinous event. I love my wife and my child and I would give anything to get them back. I don't mind paying half of my income to my spouse, event though I'm going to lose our home soon. Honestly, its the loss of our intimacy and love that hurts the most. Part of me is still scared to die, but I'm sure that will change in time. I've tried therapy, meds and support from friends, nothing has helped. I just wish that I had the courage to die like a man instead of living on in this a wreck of a life. I'm sure that plenty others have been where I am now. I imagine both genders experience this. If you are in my situation or have been, please feel free to comment and share.

• Members

If I know that a man would die for me, I'll be so touched! This is true love! But dying doesn't achieve anything. It's a battle that u will lose before fighting. If u want ur family back fight for it. Let her knows how much u love her and try to win her back. Spike up some sparkles romance and diamonds are two things that's hard for woman to resist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Members

Mercuryfalling79, It will be 5 or 6 years I have been divorced and I haven't gotten over it yet.  My wife walked out of the marriage right after my Mother passed away.  I was devasted by my Mother's transition (which was unexpected) and could not focus on the marriage.  I sufferred to major losts in one year.  I am not over either one.  My ex-wife has moved on comfortably, met someone, has a child and is living the dream.  Me, I work to pay for the "marital settlement agreement" and my social life has been less than favorable.  I wish someone could understand where I am at times.  I feel like I can't breath sometimes and my "hell" is here on Earth.  I know people have been here, I just don't know how they push through it....

• Members

Hi,

Dealing with the same issue, it is difficult to carry on, when I was a teen I had times I wanted to e d it all, am 45 days into divorce and have not hired an attorney, she can have what she wants, without her it does not matter, being away from here and the kids is more than I can bear some days. I would have no problem and have planned it in my head over and over, one day I even took the gun and wanted to do it on the way to work. We will have been married years on the 25th. It has been a difficult relationship at times and she is the only woman I ever loved. The only thing that stops me is the kids. It is becoming less and less, but is never far away. I have been praying and that seems to help. I, it is sad that marriage has become so easily discarded. And women especially dealing in emotion make it difficult, I look at the problems we have and they are so easily fixed. I am getting to a point of looking forward to being alone. I think about what life will bring. For some reason I keep stepping forward. I keep waking up and getting through it. You can too. It is so hard when you love someone so deeply and they can't see it. Keep moving and keep posting.

David

Archived