Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Surrounded by mothers and daughters

stacyc

• Members

I had a horrible day today. I  took my 2 yr. old to gymboree and when I got there it seemed as if every mom decided to bring there moms today!!!! I did not know what to do, a part of me wanted to just leave but, I knew that would be unfair to john. It was going ok in the beginning trying to concentrate on my son, but then everyone just looked sooo.... freaken happy. The grandmothers enjoying their grandchildren and the mothers looking so content. The mom's at one point were introducing their mothers to everyone, and one mom said "oh, thank god I have my mom to help me out, I could not do this with out her". What do I say, this woman has no idea I don't have a mom and I'm stuck in this conversation( That I do not want to be a part of ) about how lucky they feel. When I left I just cried in the car and missing my mom so so much. I can't get past that this is the new reality that I have to get used too. I hate this new life. I think I'm doing ok and then I have to venture out into the real world and I'm hit with constant reminders of what I used to have and what I miss so badly. I miss you so much mom, its not the same without you. Thinking of you all the time, and I will love you 4ever.

• Members

That must have been so hard. I was at registration for college. And it seemed like everyone was there with their moms. It sucked. I wanted my mom to be there to help me with registration. To be helping me move in. I wanted her so bad. I miss her so much. We should have our moms with us. It isn't fair. I hate doing these things by myself now. I"m sorry, it seems like I notice mothers and daughters everywhere I go. Hope you're ok, and I hope the good cry helped.

• Members

Hi alysonm,

that must have been hard on you as well. Its definately hard seeing moms and daughters hanging out enjoying eachother, it always get me so upset. my mom past away in feb from lung cancer and she had a tough time. I was blessed to be with her till the end and grateful that she is no longer suffering. I do miss my healthy mom, the one that had all the energy and loved to shop, play with my son watch "Ugly Betty" together (her favorite show LOL.) and so on and so on. I just miss all the simple things. I agree with you we should have our moms here with us right now, it was to soon for them to go. how do I heal from a broken heart?? oh, and yes a good cry always helps. Gotta let it out and then move on with the rest of the day, as best I can. (((HUGS TO YOU))))

• Members

Oh Stacy do I know how you are feeling.  I have a young child too and where ever we go there are Mother/Daughter's together. It just hurts.

What hurts also is my son is starting to forget some things about my mom...it's almost 7 months since she passed and to hear her be a distant memory for him now is so tough. 

I am struggling right now with babysitting issues.........she used to be the one who watched my son everyday.  I miss her in so many ways and for all the things that she did.

It's such a struggle.

Jessica

• Members

hi connersmom, I have actually read some of your posts before and I always relate to you. I  know what you mean about the starting to 4get, its heartbreaking. I guess all we ever really wanted is our children to know just how amazing our moms were. I feel its such a loss that they will never know. I have to just keep talking about her, and find ways to always keep her in the picture. we don't go anywhre my mom was our babysitter too. I have my mother inlaw, but its not the same and thats not what i want right now. (not ready for that yet.)

• Members

I can completely relate to you!! I moved in to college for my freshman year just a few weeks ago and although I didn't think much of it then, I am really missing my mom now and wishing she were with me to help me move in and set my room up and kiss me goodbye. I don't know why it doesn't ever hit you when its some major event you know, I was fine when I moved in and was fine all up until now. And for some reason all of a sudden its been hitting me. I guess maybe it has to do something with the fact that I was at a meeting for a club I'm joining at school and one of the events they do is called Light Up The Night and its a walk for the leukemia and lymphoma society and my mom died from lymphoma. But I mean it wasn't like they talked so much about it, it was only briefly mentioned. I'm a little confused about why its hitting me so suddenly. I don't know, I just know that I'm missing her a lot and even though its been four years I still miss her so much!!!

Archived