Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Birthday remebrance

solemate

• Members

Today  the 18th August would have been my lovely Mothers birthday.  Happy Birthday Mum, I miss you terribly and wish you were with me.  I am just starting to realize that life will never be the same ever again.  When you and Dad both died that terrible day last year, my heart died with you.  I have lived in a haze for the last year and have tried to hide my grief.  This has taken its toll on me and I am now on medication to help me get over all the bumps that grieving for the two of you has caused.   I have just taken up the courage to bring out my dear Mum's beloved sewing machine.  How she loved it and used it almost daily.  Up until now, I tried several times to get it out and use it - but usually ended up in tears and just put it away again.  I am proud to say that I have used it and although in tears, happy to have gotten over that bump.  I made two lovely little teddy vests and will be sending them to someone special that my Mum knew well.  She would be proud of the effort but I know I will never be as good as she was with the craft of sewing.  Anniversary dates are painful and for me a date I dread most of all.  We used to celebrate the special days together and it seems that even Christmas this year will be another anniversay date that will be saddened by Mum and Dad not being there anymore.  Take care everyone - Gayle

post-17099-128153890125_thumb.jpg

• Members

sorry about the typing - should be Birthday remembrance - the mind and fingers dont go together sometimes  - I hope this string of postings is used for all of us who wish to post a birthday remembrance for our Mothers/Fathers - its part of our healing - take care Gayle

• Members

Today is my moms 60th birthday!!I hope she's celebrating in heaven with all the other angels.It's been 4 months since she died,and I miss her more and more every day,she was my best buddy.Happy Birthday mom-I love you!!!!!

• Members

1st November, your birthday....you would have been 64. We should be having a family meal with you. We lit some candles for you mum and your flowers are the best. Happy Birthday mum...missing you today and everyday.......love you so ,so, much.

Jane xxxxx

• Members

25th December is the birthday of my dearest mother in law who died 4 years ago. Pat was a lovely person, quiet and geuine. My husband was one of 4 sons to Pat and still has moments when he goes into his own world of memories.  I loved Pat very much and her loss has meant that neither Paul or I have any parents left alive.  Pat was the typical country person always offering you extra little bits and pieces.  She was well know for her cornbeef and relish sauces.  I miss you Pat and know that you are at peace with your beloved Des.  We will always remember you and continue to love you each day. Your daughter in law Gayle

Archived