Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I need someone to talk to to help me through the pain of my divorce

• Members
lovemeagain13

Please if you can offer any advice to help me through this I would greatly appreciate it. My husband left after 23yrs and I believe its another woman...AGAIN..yes again and im worth more then this. I just dont feel like it and havent for a very long time. Please help!!!!!!!!

• Members

First of all, you are definitely worth more than anything your ex made you believe!  I got divorced after 32 years of marriage so I know exactly how you are feeling.  I found out that my husband had been cheating on me for almost a year and I was totally shocked, I had no idea. So, I made him leave and I filed for divorce.  I ended up moving out of the house and getting an apartment and now I am living in a townhouse.  We had 3 boys, 2 are married and 1 is still single.  I have 3 grandsons and believe me, they have helped me a lot through this whole thing.  There is more to the story but we can get into that later.  Your subject line grabbed me and I just had to respond.  I know it is a very painful experience and hard to get through but you need to remember that you are special and what happened isn't your fault at all, it is his.  You will get through this, I know.  It has been 2 years for me and it is still tough at times, especially when I have to see him at my grandson's basketball games.  But, I know that I am much better off and will be much happier in the long run. 

I would like for us to chat and get to know each other and I think we could help each other.  It is always nice to have friends but it truly helps to have a friend that has gone through what you have.  People try to help but it is hard for people who haven't actually been through the same situation to understand how you feel sometimes.

So, I hope to hear from you!

Donna

• Members

I know it hurts. My husband a month ago ask me for a divorce after 21 yrs of marriage. I do not believe it is another women but I have become a burden to him because I am chronically ill with lupus for the last four years. In bed 70 % of the day . I do get Soc Sec money so I bring in some income. He told me I am a burden during one of his drinking binges. He started drinking after work the past three years. He gets emotionally abusive when he is drunk. He finally quit drinking after his liver developed Choroiss and now he needs a new liver in ten years. We own a home that we cannot sell because it is underwater. He does not make enough to pay for the home I live in and get himself an apartment. I have taken care of him for most of our marriage and now that I cannot he wants to kick me to the curve. He has hurt me do deeply. I feel do used and just need to talk with someone because I feel alone and abandoned.

• Members
myrtleduncan

Oh, I know your pain. My husband left me, went to his mistress after 10 years of marriage, in which I tried to always be an exemplary wife. I cooked, cleaned, loved him immensely, agreed to the child (although at that age I wasn't ready for this), simply because he wanted it. And now, he got bored with me, he filed for divorce in Texas online and left his family for a young mistress. My pain knew no bounds until I turned to a psychologist. Honey, maybe you should? It really helps. Hug you!

Archived