Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Husband, My Best Friend

laurieglowacki1

• Members
laurieglowacki1

On September 18th, 2013, I lost my husband and best friend of 20 years. We have four wonderful children and have had the most Blessed life. I truly have the family everyone dreams about. Tradition, constant activities together, love, faith good and bad moments we share this all. I lost him so unexpectedly, and feel so cheated. I am 49 years old and have never been so scared of being alone. I didn't realize how much being alone bothered me until now. I think that is because I have never been alone. I have so many Blessings still in my life....I just lost the person I enjoyed sharing everything with. I feel like there is no one I no who understands what I am going through. I also feel like everyone avoids me, so alone.

• Members

Hi Forsaken. You have definitely come to the right place, since we all understand you. Keep coming back here and don't be afraid to reach out to individual members. Just hover your cursor over their name and a "contact me" box will come up. Also, if you haven't found a grief support group in your area yet, please try to find one. They really help a lot.

• Members

Hi Foresaken,

I also lost my husband suddenly on Dec 7, 2013. He was only 46, I am 41. We also have 4 beautiful children, ages 12, 10, 8 (twins). I understand what you are saying about having a blessed life. We used to talk about how lucky we were. I have so many years left and I have to be there for my children, but don't want to do it without my soulmate and best friend. Sending love.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. I just lost my boyfriend Dec. 21. 2013. We didnt' have any kids but I've seen my mother go through it with 4 kids as well. I now know what she felt and it's aweful. just aweful. I've felt that people are starting to tell me to pretty much move on and get over it. How can you? Is there no room for grieving anymore these days? everything is fast paced and you just have to move on. I can't do that. I try, believe me but you're entire world around you is just crumbling away. All the dreams, the goals, just the little daily things, it's all gone. We have to do it alone now... not sure how.... my mother lost my dad about 4 years ago and she's moved on to an extend but still has a hard time with it. You can't really put a time frame on this because you'll have to learn to live without him while you lived with him for all those years... it's tough... and unfair.

Archived