Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My loved one is going to die

daughterrachael

• Members
FeliciaFisher

we found out September the 9th that my 49 year old brother has stage 4 rectul cancer and it has spread throughout and there is nothing they can do!He was living with his 25 year old son at the time about 2hours away. he is the oldest have two brothers and I am the baby sister.I went to the doctor with him to get his results and then when we found out we decided that it was best he came home to live with me for me to care for him and see if there was hope!He had no insurance so getting help was not easy,it took me 2 months to get him in a cancer facility. we spent a whole week there to find out it was to far gone.well after we went through all this agony of getting him there his children decide they think they can care for him when I know they CANNOT! The trip to hospital took everything out of him and he is now terminally restless and its the worst thing I have ever witnessed to watch my brother suffer so much when he is the absolute most kindhearted man I have ever known! He had signed over power of attorney to me before he became so ill.( I know all this sounds so scrambled) but it is a lot to tell.Well I told the children it would be best if he stayed with me that they could not handle this or take care of him.Since we got home last week I have not been able to leave my brothers side , I stay right by his side day and night!He is sleeping right next to me now...So now the children hate me and will not call their dad or come see him! I feel their mother which my brother has been separated from her for 10 years and absolutely despises her and so do I now! she thought she was gonna come in after 10 years and take control but OH NO she will not get her hands on my brother!The children know how their dad feels about their mom and so I don't understand why they would even try and subject him to her torment!What can I do to make them understand? He needs to see his children before he dies!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm awful sorry to everyone who is experiencing the grief and agony of the death of your loved one. I'm not quite sure where I stand yet, but I am watching in helpless horror and fear, as my beautiful and loving wife is fighting a losing battle against Parkinsons Disease. Although she's not helpless yet, her dementia is getting bad, and she is starting to lose alot of weight as she did 3 years ago----not a good thing when  one is fighting the Monster Disease of Parkinsons. I CAN'T GET HER TO EAT! She is following the same path her sister did 10 years ago, who died of Parkinsons, mainly from starving herself. For 22 years we've had a dream relaion that is rare these days, and I am getting a first hand view of it going up in smoke! I love her deeply and am trying to be as good a caregiver as is humanly possible, but it RIPS MY HEART OUT to see her suffering as she does! She will either end up completely incapacitated eventually, or dead. Both poisons make me sick to my stomach, and I am afraid not only of losing her, but afraid for the hell she must be going through!

Archived