Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom.

timesremembered

• Members
timesremembered

I'm gonna to try to keep this short..if I can. Well I lost my mom June 22nd to a long 7 year battle with cancer. She was always my hero even before she had cancer and we where really close, we where each others "partners in crime" we did EVERYTHING together. My mom started out on Hospice two years ago, when they gave her 6 months to live, and she surpased it by a year and a half, hospice called her there "miracle patient", She had a lot of close calls earlier this year, she was in the ICU about a month before my graduation. My dad says that she held on so long so she could see me graduate..and she held on for me to tell her I was going to be okay, hours after I did..she passed, that by far was the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. It's been about a month, and I have good days..and bad, I'd give annnything in the world to get her back.

• Members

It is amazing how  they hold on for us to be ready and see us achieve our dreams.  I feel grateful that my mom prepared us for her passing in ways that I did not realize at the time.  She was in bad shape the day she passed, but was able to wait for our church minister's monthly visit and received communion.  She was conscious and recignized him.  But became comatosed an hour later.  She was a remarkable woman and your mom was remarkable too.  You made her proud and she felt her job on earth was done.  May you gain strenthg and courage from that experience. We will always miss them, but our memories of them will pull us through.  Take care!

Archived