Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Happy Birthday Drake

drakesmommy4ever

• Members
drakesmommy4ever

July 24 will be my youngest son Drake 2nd birthday he won't be here to celebrate it, its been 10 months since my little boy's death, I have made it through all of the hoildays so far but how to i get pass my little boy's birthday, we had order him a birthday cake for him, I don't want that day to come how do I get pass this birthday? this is the first birthday we had to celebrate without him How do i get throught it if anybody knows please let me know

• Members

I got through my Joshua's first Heavenly birthday with a lot of tears and thoughts about my boy.  It was so hard.  We were going to have a balloon release but the balloons ran out of helium too soon so each of my living kids took turns saying things they remembered and loved about Joshua and then popped the balloon.  They had fun and we remembered Joshua together as a family.  A birthday is a day to celebrate a person and it is so hard when the guest of honor is away from Earth were you cannot reach them.  I found the days leading up to the birthday were harder then the acutual day.  I cried many tears thinking about Joshua and his birthday but on the acutual day it was like I had already cried everything out and could focus on the logistics of buying the cake and talking to people and taking care of business.  I will be thinking of you.   My Joshua's 1st Heaven date is on Sunday July 20th.  I can't believe I have lived a whole year without him.  Hugs,

Sal

• Members
heartbeataway

Drakes Mommy,

Last October 27th was our son, Jason's, first birthday after his death.

We chose to celebrate his life.

So, we went back to the campground where he died and we journeyed to the mountain top where his ashes were spread.

We sat around the campfire and we barbecued. We did what he loved to do.

The way we chose to look at the day was that our son did so much more than die. We had to remember that and be thankful for our time with him. We also wanted to include family and friends who also were mourning his loss. We will be doing the same thing this October.

Celebrate Drakes life .......

JasonH'sMom, Bonnie

Archived