Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Shoes

ag0715

• Members

♥MY SHOES♥

I am wearing a pair of shoes. They are ugly shoes. Uncomfortable shoes. I hate my

shoes. Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair. Some days my

shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step. Yet, I continue to wear

them. I get funny looks wearing these shoes. They are looks of sympathy. I can tell in

others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs. They never talk about

my shoes. To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable. To truly

understand these shoes you must walk in them. But, once you put them on, you can

never take them off. I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.

There are many pairs in this world. Some women are like me and ache daily as they try

and walk in them. Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as

much. Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about

how much they hurt. No woman deserves to wear these shoes. Yet, because of these

shoes I am a stronger woman. These shoes have given me the strength to face

anything. They have made me who I am. I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman

who has lost a child.

• Members
lovekristy4ever

I have never seen that poem before - but how true!  They are the worst and most hurtful shoes to wear.  I am sorry about the loss of your daughter.  She is beautiful, I saw the picture on your other post. 

• Members
shellbellsmom

Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem...I think it is true how us grieving parents feel and the pain we are wearing each day.  Thanks for sharing.  Sue

• Members

Beautiful poem, thanks for sharing. It is true, once they are on our feet, they never come off again, but they do become somehow less painful to step into each day. I promise.

Dee

Archived