Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Lost my daughter Kristen on 9-11-07 in car accident

ag0715

• Members
no40corysmom

I am so sorry for your loss..........I hope you find comfort among friends here ~I find it to be a great place to find words of wisdom and solace.

Blessings ~

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. The first few months I took it hour by hour now after 10 months I take it day by day. That is the way I keep going on. It is such a hard journey but come here often because there are so many that walk in the same shoes that you are walking in. This sight has given me so much support and noone else understands our hurt like the ones in our shoes. I loved your poem about the shoes that is truly how it feels..... :)   Peace to you, Lana 

• Members

Dear Kristen's Mom,

I lost my girl, Erica, when she was 19 as well. She would be 24 now, and we are facing the 5 year mark come July 14th. Well she was hit by a train at a broken (documented) light in Kalamazoo Michigan where she lived with my Son, Jon. She was hit on the 8th of July and died on the 14th.

How do we get by? With one moment at a time Sweetie. Go to Loss of Adult Child and get to know us there, there are many parents that recently lost thier babies too. You are new to this and I would say that you are no longer protected by shock. It wears off adn we are left adrift, unsure of what time or work, or friends, or anything really is anymore. It is a process, and so when you feel you are losing ground, you are not, it is the ground shifting, our lives shifted when we received that call, our lives will never be the same. They will howerver, get better. It will be a while, do not think it should be now.

We are here for you, that is what we want to do since we are ahead of you on this journey. We wish you never had to even know there were such things as grief websites, but there are for people like us. My name is Dee and I am praying for you to find some solace in knowing that you are not all the way alone, you can always come here.

Dee

Archived