Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Kids' Memorial Sites

kirksdad

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Txlouise,

Your memorial site for Keren is beautiful. That is at least one thing we can still do for our children.

Take Care.

Renee

Thanks so much.I love working on her website.I feel like i am keeping her close to me.Thanks again,Louise { angel-keren.virtual-memorials.com/}

• Members

For Txlouise~ It is me, Betsy-mamabets!! Keren's site is beautiful!!!! Here you are on Kids Memorial Sites, under Loss of a Child- Also, maybe go to the Loss of An Adult Child, under Loss of a Child- like I explained in our emails!! Remember too, that ALL of these forums are really , really helpful- It's people needing people~ I have even traveled to Loss of A Newborn and met friends, as my 25 year old Danny will always be my baby boy!!! I love you!!! xoxomamabets

• Members

Greetings to all my companions on this painful journey of losing a child. My beloved daughter Sara died 2 months ago, on August 3, 2006. I just made a memorial site for her at www.Sara-London-Hinman.memory-of.com. Please visit. It is a work in progress, as I'm still trying to work out some of the technical details with the music and pictures.

Blessings of peace and healing,

Miv

• Members

Good morning everyone. We also have a "work in progress" memorial set up for Jamie-Leigh. Her address is www.jamieleigh-britt.memory-of.com

To all who stop and leave condolences and light candles, thank you so much. Beyond Indigo has been such a blessing to me. I'm forever grateful to my friend, Tana, who first told me about it. You are always understanding and seem to know what to say and how to say it to make me feel like I'm not so alone on this journey. Wishing you all some joy and peace.

Jamie-Leigh's mom, Judy

• Members

Judy, I went to Jamie's site. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to deal with the day to day things when all you have on your mind is your child. Jamie was a beautiful young lady. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Miv, I tried to go on Sara's, but I got an error message. I will keep trying. I also am sorry for your loss. No parent should have to go through this much pain and agony.

I think it's great that you share your memorial site's with everyone.

BettyAnn

• Members

Hello everyone,

My name is Judy Miranda and I'm new to this site as well as this discussion. Nov.11 of this year coming will mark the One year anniversary of the death of my son Keith. He was 17 years old, he was at a party and on his walk home he decided to take the train tracks because of the 10:00 curfew in our town. He was just five minutes away from home when he stuck and killed by a train. At 1:37 he was pronnounced dead. I miss him very much, and i always go into his room and look at his pictures. I feel like i sense him, but i havn't dreamt about him. I hear his voice every morning asking me to get him a towel and can I iron his clothes for school. It breaks my heart when I see his friends around. I'm currently trying to work on a site for him. My heart goes out to those who have gone through the same pain that I have.

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Hi Judy, I'm sorry for your loss and that you have to also walk this road. I don't have any answers for you. Just know you are not alone on this journey and maybe together we can give each other the strength that we need to keep going each day. Let us know when you have your website together. It's at least one thing we can do for our kids.

Take Care.

Renee

• Members

Hi Everybody~ On Tuesday, Halloween, it is our Danny's 28th birthday- We ordered "Random Act of Kindness" cards from the www.missfoundation.org, and I put his website,http://daniel-pallick.memory-of.com on them, and wrote "Please light a candle" in memory of DANNY on the cards. I will attatch each card to the ribbon on 28 orange balloons, and will give one to each trick-or-treater, along with a special little goodie- I will then ask each child to close their eyes and make a wish, as they all release their balloons. We, miraculously enough, will also find out on Tuesday morning, if our Jackie will be having a boy baby or a girl baby, due in early March. There will also be either "It's a Girl" or "It's A Boy" balloon, and at the end of the night, my Dean and I will sing Happy Birthday to Danny and release the baby balloon to him. Our grandaughter,Julia will be dressed up as SUPERGIRL-Danny was Jackie and Julia's SUPERMAN hero!! Jackie even made SUPERDOG capes for their doggies!! So, in spite of this neverending emptiness, we all still celebrate him everyday and will forever !! xoxoxI love you~mamabets

• Members

Hi Renee.Thank you. these past months have been hard i build a wall around me so i won't have to get hurt like this again i have been on this road twice i lost my first child when i was twentyone she died after seventeen hours after she was born and now Keith his birthday was on June 24th he would have turn 18 we celerbated his birthday and his life on that day we had a block party in his honor all his friends came and family i know that all his friends have a memorial page for him on my space you can see what he looks like.

• Members

I am so sorry for those who hanve lost their children. My precious baby boy passed away on September 9th 2006. He would have been 6 on the 13th. I am struggling every day to make it through. It seems as though my life and every thing in it is falling apart. Dakota was my reason for living. I have a beautiful baby girl that Dakota named Laci. I want to be able to love her and care for her, but I am not sure I can. I feel like I want to run away from everthing he loved, because it hurts so much. I was so excited about having two children for all Holidays. It took me so long to have Laci and now Dakota is gone, and I can't share the holidays with him and her both.

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Kotabug, I'm so sorry for your loss. There are no words to make you feel better. Just know that there are a lot of us who will be keeping you in our prayers to help you on your journey. It sounds like Dakota was happy to have a little sister and would want you to do all the things with her that you did with him. Dakota will always be with you, just on a different level. It's hard enough to lose a child but the holidays just seem like another slap in the face. I hope you have people around you that can help you get through each day.

Take Care of yourself and your precious Laci.

Renee

• Members

thanks for your respose Renee. Thnksgiving Day is gone, but it was really hard. putting nup a christmas Tree and buying gifts for Laci is next on my list. I think about Dakota and miss him everyday. I wonder what it would be like if he was stil here. I feel like I am all alone in the world with no one to talk to. Please keep me and my marriage and my family in your prayers. I was wanting to de something for Dakota for Chriatmas. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks for listening. Regenia

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Regenia, I posted this back on November 10. This is how we remember my daughter and husband on special days or just because days:

"Remembering Jamie and Kim"

As we light these five candles in honor of you, we light one for our GRIEF, one for our COURAGE, one for our MEMORIES, one for our LOVE and one for our HOPE.

The first candle represents our GRIEF. The pain of losing you is intense. It reminds us of the depth of our love for you.

The second candle represents our COURAGE - to confront our sorrow, to comfort each other, and to change our lives.

The third candle is in your MEMORY- the times we laughed, the times we cried, the times we were angry with each other, the silly things you did, and the caring and joy that you gave us.

The fourth candle is the light of LOVE. Day by day we cherish the special place in our hearts that will always be reserved for you. We thank you for the gift your living brought to each of us.

And the fifth candle is the light of HOPE. It reminds us of love and memories of you that are ours forever. May the glow of the flame be our source of hopefulness now and forever.

I also have a picture of Jamie and Kim with the poem. It's just one way of keeping their memory alive and including them in special days. I use the tea lights in candle holders so I don't have to worry about them as much. They burn for about 4 hours or so.

I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. Enjoy every minute with your precious Laci.

Renee

• Members

Regenia,

Our Bereaved Parents group started this a while back.We all go out and buy gifts for our lost loved ones.Then at our next meeting we show what we bought and explain why we bought it.We then donate all the gifts to a childrens home for kids with no parents.If you don't have anything like that around you you could probably donate the gifts to a church.

We also go to the cemetery at midnight on Christmas Eve and light a candle.

I does help some.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Judy, Hi. My name is Claudia. I lost my son Joey on July 31st this year, 7 days before his 24th birthday. I can relate to the 'nth degree with you. Joey had been out partying. He was walking home through the country, along train tracks. Joey was killed by a train that went through before 11:30 and was pronouned dead at the scene at 12:17. In a couple of days 4 months will have passed, and I am just beginning to open myself to the pain. It hurts so bad, and I miss him so much. I am shattered. I still can't believe my baby is gone and I can't reach out to him, touch him, smell him or hear his voice. This must be hell on earth. I have faith, and I believe all things that God promises. But I miss my Joey, and this is so unfair. he was never supposed to go before me.

• Members

Claudia,I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Dakota almost three months ago. I keep asking myself why did my baby have to leave this world. I blame myself everyday for him not bing here. I do believe that God had a plan for him, because he would always talk about heaven. The pictures that he drew would always have the sky, birds or flowers. He always talked about making sure his 4 month old sister had this or that when she got older. Every day seems to be getting harder. I think the holidays only makes it worse. Putting up lights was here favorite thing to do.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Regenia, Thank you. Hang on tight to those beutiful memories of Christmases past with Dakota. They bring pain now, but in time they will bring warmth to the heart. It may be difficult to feel right now, but your little Laci will bring you joy at Christmastime too. I miss my Joey so much, but I cannot imagine not being here for Patrick. He misses Joey too, and we're in this together, going forward missing him but cherishing every moment we had with Joey. We can grieve our lost children and still celebrate the many more special moments to come with our babies that are here with us. Our beloved children in Heaven would want that very much. I try to think about what Joey would want me to do and not so much what I feel or don't feel like doing. It's the one way I can grasp the ways that I can honor Joey. He deserves to be honored. He was here and his mark will remain here, but he wouldn't want me to give up knowing his little brother is here and needs me. I am praying for you Regenia. As hard as it is to not sit here and drown in my own pain, I know there are things I need to do for my Patrick that Joey will be celebrating with us in Heaven. God bless you, and lift you up to be the mom that Laci needs here and now. Amen. Love, Claudia

• Members

I just needed to talk. I am really missing Dakota today. Everyday seems to be getting harder. I know that he si gone, but it hurts so much. I am so afraid that something is going to happen to Laci. I just wnated to talk to someone. How do we go on without our children.

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Kotabug,

I don't know how we go on without our children. I only know we have no choice. It sucks, plain and simple. I guess what we need to do is to live our lives in a way that would make them proud of us and continue to hope that they are still with us, only in a different way. I understand your fear of losing Laci too. You definitely don't want to go through this heartache with her. I have come to the conclusion that I'm not the one in control. I always had to know where my kids were at all times and what they were doing. They weren't allowed the same priviledges as their friends. I see kids taking so many risks and wonder why Jamie and not one of them. I also look back to how I was as a teenager and wonder why I survived all the stupid things I did without a scratch and Jamie can't even drive to town to help a friend.

You will always miss Dakota because you loved him so much. He was a lucky boy to have you in his life. He will always be a part of your life because he was part of you and as long as you are alive, Dakota will live on too.

Take care of yourself and your precious Laci.

Renee

• Members

Hi Claudia,The first year you are in shock and it hurts but the second year is worst i think about Keithie every second i have two pictures of him on my chain but the best thing i did for my self was to go and get a tatoo of him on my right calf i have one of his graduation pictures now he will be with me were ever i go. Cladia was your son alone or was he with somebody. My Keithie was alone he was with all his friends at the party but he left alone. What i would like to know what was going through his mind,but i guess i will never know.Its been one year and i am still waiting to have a dream about him but i haven't i don't no why. Judy.

• Members

thanks for your response Renee

I dread Chrismas time comeing. I haven't even been able to but presents for Laci. My husband had to put up the tree. There were so many ornaments taht Dakota and i had made togther all i could do was cry. I keep have memories of the day he passed away. We had so much fun painting at the art easel and reading books. I haven't been able to talk about what happened, but maybe one day I will. He had made Laci a picture and hung it above her baby bed. That was the last picture he ever made. I will treasure it always. It seems all the bad memories keep popping up to. Do they ever stop.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hi Judy, Sorry it's been a couple days for me here. Yes. Joey was alone. He was with a group all afternoon and evening. He had much to drink and after having a bad moment decided to walk home--through the country about 5-6 miles. The group he was with let him go. Imagine that! They were busy hanging behind and drinking it up on the round he just bought them. The girl in the group called out for him to wait, and he did. There was evidence that he stayed put for at least three cigarettes. Then the train came through and hit him. None of them went to look for him, or they would have found the stopped train and the EMT's. I wonder too waht was going through his head in one breath of a moment. He must have gotten tired and passed out on the track while waiting. The train video fottage showed he lifted his head but couldn't pick himself up. By then it was too late, as the train couldn't stop. It shatters me to think about his last moments--alone and in the dark. But now he is forever in the Light, and that is my only comfort in the tragedy of the situation. I try not to be angry with the group's negligence and lack of care for a "friend". But in reality it was just Joey's time and nothing anyone could do would change that. I just hate that the circumstance was so horrible for him and so tragically shocking for us--especially his younger brother Patrick. I just miss Joey so much. I'm not sure I can look forward to the coming 2nd year. I've heard from just about everyone that it's tougher than the first. It's already pretty tough... Thanks for sharing, and God bless you. I just wish we had our boys back... Love, Claudia

• Members

hello everybody

just wanted to check in on things. I think about Dakota all the time. I think about the day that he passed away. I would have done anything to dave him. I know taht it ws in God's hands and it was time for him to go home.It seems like the more time goes by the more I miss him. Does it ever get any easier. I am working and tring to keep busy. I have decided to go back to college in January. I think this will help me keep busy. Dakota was always talking about what i did and he was so proud of me. I want to keep him being proud of me. What do you all think? Thanks for listening

Regenia

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Regenia, you have a wonderful attitude. It's what you need to get you through. I don't think it gets easier you just learn to live with the heartache. I'm sure Dakota will be very proud you decided to go back to school. Just don't overload because grief occupies a large part of your mind.

Take care of you and your family.

Renee

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Renee, Thank you. And Yes! Joey was my pride and joy, along with his brother Patrick. I am thankful he graced my life. I think of him non-stop it seems, and I wanted so much to do something he would be proud of. I know he would want to be remembered to everyone he loved and touched in his life, and this is the best way I know how for the time being. But my heart and mind are never ending in seeking ways to honor him and keep his memory alive. I looked at Jamie Dawn's page as well. You must be equally proud and blessed. It hurts so bad that they've been taken away from us so soon. I never imagined surviving my children. I am trying hard to count my blessings and the almost 24 years I had with Joey instead of the what-if's and the tears. It's hard...

Blessings & Love, Claudia

http://Joey-McConkey.virtual-memorials.com

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Regenia, I say go for it! Sometimes we get the most unexpected and pleasant surprises when we climb out into the sunshine and motivate ourselves to go on. I know it's hard. But you just keep on thinking about what Dakota would be saying to you, smiling up at you with his sweet face, and being all proud of his mama. He'll be with you every step of the way. God Bless You! -Claudia

• Members

It has been a little over three months sice I lost Dakota. I think about him every minute of the day. The pain of missing him only seems to get worse. I haven't been able to talk about how he passed away. Dakota had his tonsils took out and had complications. I tell myself everyday if only I had not had the surgery done he would still be here. Does any one else have the same feelings that I do or am I all alone. It seems like it has took this long for the whole thing to sink in. I just know that I miss him. Every time I hear about someone having that surgery I think is it worth the risk. I know of four people that were having the surgery this week. Is someone there to talk to me.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Regenia (Kotabug), Joey had his tonsils out at 5 years old, along with his adenoids, and he had tibes put in his ears all at the same time. Everything went well... Joey was still able to use full force of his voice during screaming fits. I don;t know why some kids do great and others don't in surgery. It's always a risk, no matter how healthy someone is. But the reality is Joey's life was still too short for me. he was supposed to be around until long after I'm gone...at least that's what I feel. It's an unnatural order of events when our children leave before we do. No matter their age, it's the most painful thin imaginable. For some reason God chose to bring them back home to him before we were ready to let go. I know all of God's children are special to Him, and He has reasons we don't always understand. I have to force myself to remember that Joey was my gift from God, always belonging to God, and I was blessed to have him for any amount of time, no matter how long or short. You are not alone in how you feel. I promise! I, too, thought it would get easier after the first few months. It's been five for me, and I think I am worse off now. I just miss my son, and nothing will change that for me. I know you feel the same way.

I am so very sorry for the traumatic way that you lost Dakota. I am a firm believer that no one goes from here until God calls them home. So, please try not to panic every time you know of someone having this surgery. Most often it's a good thing. It's unfair that Kota's was not. And there is nothing I can say that will make sense over that. God just wanted His special little kotabug back because there are big things for Kota to do in preparation over time for his mama and sister. I wonder if he's painting a special room for his baby sis right now... drawing lots of beautiful pictures for her wall. But you can't go and see until God says it's time. By then it will be complete and perfect. All of the things you remember Kota doing here, try and think that he is still doing those things there, but more perfect than ever and with his big precious smile. And when you feel really down, just take a moment and sit in the quiet, close your eyes, and let his spirit be one with yours. He is and always will be with you even though you can't see him near...

• Guests

hi my lil brother died at the age of 4 and he died by getting ran over on accedent by my dad gabriel was my evrything i miss him so much it just happend no one expecting it i was s happy!!!!!! i love you gabreil sean arnhalt!!!

• Guests

Hello My name is Aunt FE,

We lost our baby DEVAN SUMERLIN on Dec 17, 2005, this has been a long year for me and my famliy. Devan was my niece, my brother's Bernard's daughter and Martisa Sumerlin Sister and most of all Laura Koragay's daughter. Devan was 13yrs Old. She had cancer, Ewing Sarcoma. Devan lived one year after being diagnose. I miss her so much. Her smile, laughter, and her big heart. Life is short wise we had forever. Rest in love, comfort and peace DEVAN!!!! OH YES TELL YOUR GRANDMOM NETTIE WE LOVE HER and GRANDPA GEORGE. I'll see you soon my little ANGLE SWEETPEA- DEVAN T. SUMERLIN Hillside, New Jersey

SWEETPEA!! MY SWEETPEA Oh yes your Mommy Laura is having a baby!!!! Baby due any day now and SWEETPEA is't a GIRL!!!! Bless the name of JESUS!!!!!!

• Members
Hello My name is Aunt FE,

We lost our baby DEVAN SUMERLIN on Dec 17, 2005, this has been a long year for me and my famliy. Devan was my niece, my brother's Bernard's daughter and Martisa Sumerlin Sister and most of all Laura Koragay's daughter. Devan was 13yrs Old. She had cancer, Ewing Sarcoma. Devan lived one year after being diagnose. I miss her so much. Her smile, laughter, and her big heart. Life is short wise we had forever. Rest in love, comfort and peace DEVAN!!!! OH YES TELL YOUR GRANDMOM NETTIE WE LOVE HER and GRANDPA GEORGE. I'll see you soon my little ANGLE SWEETPEA- DEVAN T. SUMERLIN Hillside, New Jersey

SWEETPEA!! MY SWEETPEA Oh yes your Mommy Laura is having a baby!!!! Baby due any day now and SWEETPEA is't a GIRL!!!! Bless the name of JESUS!!!!!!

• Members

Hello my name is Kat and I lost my daughter October 10,2001 in a accident caused by a drunk driver, she was 21 and so full of life that it's still hard sometimes to remember she's not gonna call or walk thur my door. Her nic name was pickel her given name was Verna Mae heres a poem I have that is in memory of her,

THe HYMN of RETURNING

To the land of the dead in the dusk returning,

All deeds done,, time gone , life ending,no more

amending.

This is what you are, this is your name ,

you know it all at last.

We who are left on lifes shores mouring

as you walk on into the dusk not turning.

We cannot go with you, this journey

all make alone.

How ever Loved, and you were Loved,

How ever Strong, and you were Stong,

How ever Brave, and you were Brave,

How ever Skilled, and you were skilled,

You will come alone to Deaths Halls,

Speak there your Name and Deeds for

them to stand alone.

You go on, Shine bright, begin a new

life, taking from this all the mistakes.

You were what you were,You will be

Remembered.

Learn to be what more you can be and we

mourn the name you left us on lifes shores

bound by old choices.

Go free on new paths Returning.

In Memory of

Verna Mae Lewis

August 20,1980 to October 10, 2001

• Members

Hi,I am a member here and just open up a new message board for parents that have lost children or young adults.It is a wonderful board.all the parents are so close .we laugh and cry and talk about our beautiful children.You have to apply to join,but it is easy to do and you will get right in after you apply.It has given me and a lot of mom's and dad's comfort and hope.Please come visit.Thank you,Louise=

http://mychildlossgrief.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php

• Guests

I created a memorial pendant (necklace) for people that have lost someone close to them. I lost my daughter Lindsey in 1994 in a bunkbed accident and I never got over it. I know how it feels, but I'm hoping this pendant will offer some hope and the strength to go on, as we are treasured angels in other peoples lives as well. Come visit the website, write me a post or email me. I would love your feedback!

http://www.treasuredangel.com/

• Members

Two year old Kelsey Briggs was murdered after more than nine months of abuse. While her Daddy was in Iraq fighting for our country she was here fighting for her life. She lost her battle, but she will not lose the war. Her mother and stepfather have both been charged in connection with her death. The Judge that sent her back into an abusive home lost his seat in the recent election. A new law named for Kelsey is in effect in Oklahoma in hopes of saving other children. The Kelsey Briggs Walk Against Child Abuse is sponsored by her paternal family each October in her honor. For more on her story go to www.kelseyspurpose.org

• Members
barbara4171

I am trying to make a memorial website for my daughter, but I do not know how to get started. Wendy was 28. she died December 20TH, 2006. she had a very rare form of cancer. Wendy went through some unbelievable miracle and trips in her nine year battle with this cancer. She left me letter's, poems, and journals to get her story out there. I pray I can do this. I was also her caregiver, and Wendy was my best friend. When she died, part of me died, but she made me promise to go on after her death, so I could maybe help someone else with this. Wendy was an Amzing woman. I love her, I miss her so, I will never be the same, but I will try to honor her in away she deserves. Wendy is with God now and is waiting on us, her family. she was welled loved and will be welled missed. If anyone has any ideas or website I would appreciate it.

Barbara Turner

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hi Barbara, I am so terribly sorry for your loss and your pain. Your daughter was an amazing young woman, and I am certain she is very proud of her mom. Please know my heart and prayers are with you in this sad time of loss.

I built a web site in honor and memory of my son Joey after we lost him suddenly and tragically. If you would like to take a look, there are some links at the top of his page to create your own. I found this Virtual Memorials site very user friendly. Hope you like it, and I wish you the best with your own creation. I know it will be spectacular, and I can;t wait to see it when you're finished. Please let us know when it is ready to view. Blessings & Hugs, Claudia

• Members
jamiedawnsmom

Barbara, I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter and her long battle with cancer. I'm glad you have letter's poems and journals written by Wendy that you can cherish. I lost my 16 year-old daughter on December 23, 2005 in a car accident. I too have made a memorial site for Jamie at memory-of.com. If you'd like to check it out her web address is http://jamie-dawn-grinolds.memory-of.com. This site also has a message board and you will receive a lot of help as well as graphics. Take care and I too look forward to reading more about your daughter.

Renee

• Guests
Guest Guest

I have created a website for Little Angel Elijah Simpson.

I want his memory kept alive forever. The brutal murder of this little boy touched my heart. It has saddened me to no end and i just felt like i wanted everyone to help me keep his memory alive so please visit his website and light a candle for this precious little angel!

http://elijah-simpson.memory-of.com/

• Members

I have a website for my sone Evan who died almost 6 years ago. The website is:

www.evansearthlyadventure.com We are finally able to have decent days, smile and even laugh and look forward to the future, despite the loss of my beautiful son. Everything happens for a reason.

• Guests

I designed this site to honor my son who died peacefully in his sleep on 6/24.

I really miss my best buddy for 21 years!

www.justinleehiggins.com

Archived