Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Brother

mellen

• Members

Hello all...

I have only one brief moment but needed to pen a note here. 

After my last post, my brother suffered a stroke; he's only 42.  I've been by his side virtually non-stop since it occurred.  He's been released and is home with my elderly (and VERY worried) mom.  The doctor's haven't a clue what caused it as he's "passing" all of the tests.  We were warned he could have another so finding the culprit is a MUST!  I'm on my way to my mom's to sit with him as she runs errands (mind you, he's doing fine considering, his speech is improving, his mobility is getting better, he can walk and eat on his own so I feel blessed it wasn't worse -- but am fearful to be too thankful until we determine the cause and get it "fixed").  Until then, PLEASE keep my brother Brad Kolvet in your thoughts and prayers and I will try my hardest to keep you updated; no news is GOOD news, ok?

Hugs & love to all....

Mary Ellen

post-19990-128153889684_thumb.jpg

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mary Ellen, Praying for your brother, your mom, and you...  Hugs, Claudia

• Members

Thank you all!!!  

Just have one quick moment, as I've been terribly distracted -- update, first of MANY doc appts w/my brother start tomorrow so I'm promise to post again soon.

Hugs, love, & blessings to all ...

Mary Ellen

• Members

Hi Mary Ellen

I wanted to let you know of my story - my brother suffered a devastating stroke last year which he died from.  He was a very strong and healthy 33 year old man and the cause of his stroke baffles us.  He did suffer trauma to the back of his neck and the doctors believe he either had whiplash or a surfing accident (he had recently started to surf) .. he went to his doctor at 6pm on Saturday evening, she diagnosed him with vertigo as he was dizzy and sent him home, he suffered a massive stroke during the night which left him in a coma for four days.

we also are trying to determine the cause of my brothers stroke. his inquest is this wednesday .. hopefully we will find out a cause, however, i believe it to be unlikely. im glad you feel your brother is getting better .. i know it must be very difficult to see the effects.

bless you x

Archived