I now know the true meaning of the word "void"

cindyjane

• Members

In coming here I read many of the posts and my heart goes out to each and every person here. Even though I have people in my life, I have still felt alone since my mom (80 years old) passed on October 6th. It's only been a couple of months but the void in my life is something else. My mom went to the hospital for a simple gallbladder removal but never came home. She progressively got sicker and weaker and then contracted C Diff (bacterial infection). She never bounced back from that. We almost lost my dad at the same time because the eve before mom's passing my dad ended up at the same hospital in CCU with congestive heart failure. That morning was the toughest day of my life. My sister, brother and I had to go to CCU to let my dad know that mom was gone. He insisted that we take him up to the unit she was on to be with her for a final good-bye. Pushing him down those long hallways via wheelchair to my mom's room was the longest walk of my life. He said his good-byes then went into surgery the next morning. It was a very trying time to say the least. So for the past couple of months I have been taking care of my dad (84 yrs.old) as he recovers from surgery. I am happy to say that he is getting better now, so being more relaxed about him, the grieving of my mom is really hitting hard. As much as I miss my mom, I know that he misses her more. 2 days before she passed, was their 61st wedding anniversary. It is a blessing to have my dad living with me. A blessing for both of us because we are getting each other through these tough times. Glad I found this site and plan to visit here often. We are not alone!

thanks

Archived