Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

• Members

My mom was diagnosed with aggressive endometrial cancer in Oct 2012. In May 2013 it spread to her brain. She passed away July 2013, 9 months later. From the minute I found out until the minute she passed I took care of her. Treatment wasn't easy on her and I almost lost her twice due to complications from chemotherapy. I am an only child and all i had was my mom. My dad and i werent close but he was there for her until the end. he and i got to make amends on our differences and planned on fixing our relationship as it was just going to be e and him once my mom passed. I hoped we would get closer and mend our relationship while helping eachother grieve. 3 weeks after my mom died, my dad had a heart attack and passed away. the NYPD wouldn't break the door down when i was getting concerned he didnt answer the phone... I had to find my mom's key to his house and found him laying on the bathroom floor decomposing. I put on a good front in public but sometime the feelings of missing them is overwhelmimg and i start to cry. I feel this huge void inside like im lost. I have cousins, an uncle and grandmother (mom's mom) and friends but noone can replace her, o one compares to her, i want my mom back! I knew she was going to pass and can remember sitting in the hospital praying for her to pass in peace as i couldn;t see her in such pain any longer... it hurts so much more cause she was just such a great person!

• Members

Cmuniz, I am so very sorry about the loss of your mom and your dad. It's so tough when our parents are in so much pain, and we know it's terminal. While there is relief they aren't suffering, it still doesn't make it any easier that they are gone. One thing you may want to try that helps lots of other people is to write her a letter and just tell her how you are feeling. It seems to help many, many people ease some of their emotional stress. We will be here for you.--ModKonnie

• Members

My mom died two weeks ago, from aggressive lung cancer, which metastasized to her liver and bones. It was extremely quick but still truly devastating, so I know what you are going through and have been through. I feel for you and I am really truly sorry for your loss and everybody else´s on this site. Life is incredibly hard at times, to the point of despair. This site is a great outlet for my grief, which often seems overwhelming and unbearable. Warm regards to all, and I hope to write more about this nightmare over the coming days. This site has allowed me to cry more than I expected, and has made me feel that I am not alone in this terrible journey, that there are many others out there who truly understand what is like and how tough it is.

Archived