Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

God and the Loss of a Loved One

backyarder1

• Members

I listened to a really great interview on YouTube today in which Harold Kushner talked about the book he wrote "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" when he lost his son at age 14. You can watch the whole interview here:

Or you can read my blog post, which just pulls out some of the excerpts which were most meaningful to me: God and the Loss of a Loved One. http://betsyfranz.blogspot.com/2013/12/god-and-loss-of-loved-one-thoughts-by_12.html

• Members

It is good and fits the need I have in my struggle with this now. Anita was such a good woman and the cancer which struck her down so foul a thing. It has been eating me as to why a loving god would do this. For the first time someone has said something which allows me to not be angry at God for this.

• Members

Tom was a really good man, to.. I was never really angry at God. I just always thought of it as Tom's body giving out. I don't know why it happened but it didn't make a lot of sense to me to be angry at God. I was more angry at his doctors for not knowing there was anything wrong with him.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Backyarder1, thanks for posting the video from Rabbi Kushner...I reposted the link in the thread of

Grief Healing in the Loss of a Child section...

I am sorry for the loss of your husband, Tom, the grief journey is hard but there are many good people who visit this forum and offer their hand in support....

Wishing you a peaceful evening...

Archived