Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just so lost

boop21

• Members

Hi, I lost my fiance this past Monday. The visitation is Friday and the funeral on Saturday. I just feel so lost. We had been together for 14 years. We were planning on buying a house (and were actually in the process of it) and then probably (finally!) getting married for real. (We hadn't gotten married before because we felt like we were already married, and we honestly pretty much were.) Anyway, he was my whole life. My best friend. My family and his have been a great support system but I don't know what to do about anything. I wish he was here so much. Thanks for letting me let this out.

• Members

I wish I could give you a big hug. I am so sorry that you lost your husband. I lost mine 11 months ago, we'd been

together for 34 years. You are going to feel lost, in a fog. These early stages of grieving are very difficult. I

suggest that you read books on grieving. I found a great deal of comfort in reading books on the possibility of life

after death. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult week.

• Members
MissingDaniel

I am so sorry, Boop. I know this week is going to be so hard for you. I am glad that you seem to have a good support system around you. Lean on your loved ones and let them help you. I wish you as much peace and comfort as you can find in this most difficult time.

Archived