Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

three and a half years

alyxi3

• Members

as of yesterday, november fifteenth, it's been three and a half years since i lost my mommy. the date was may fifteenth. she was my absolute best friend. i was barely thirteen, it was thirteen days after my birthday. she had went out of state to see my aunt and i had went to a friends house the night before she was gone. i woke up and called to ask my dad if i could stay longer but he made me come home. i come home to see my aunt and brother, and knew something was off. my dad was too upset to talk, and it was the first time i've ever really seen him cry. i asked about my mom, because she was in poor health, and they told me she was gone.

i was heartbroken and i forced myself to not cry and let it consume my life. after not sleeping for more than about an hour at a time for about a week, maybe two, i went on with life. in the year that went by i made questionable decisions i wish i could say i never did again. mostly, i didn't, but some repeated. after about a year and a half, the grieving kicked in again, but lasted a couple days. i went to see her as much as i could, but since my dad was the only way i had there until this past may when i turned sixteen, it wasn't as often as i liked.

now that i have my license and her car, i go there whenever i can. more often than i did. but since junior year has started, it's like my life took a turn for the worse and everything has gone wrong. i want her here so bad, and this grieving has come back, and with a vengeance. i'm just so upset and i've cried so much today. i've been depressed so much the past several days and i just want to be happy again. i want to feel better. what can i do?

• Members

Alyxi3, I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. One thing you can do is talk to someone (a counselor, friend, teacher, neighbor, relative, your father, or anyone you feel comfortable with) about how you feel. You can also journal your feelings and write a letter to your mother and tell her what you want her to her. It honestly helps. So, what kinds of things have made your life take a turn for the worst and what has gone wrong? We are glad you are here talking with us. --ModKonnie

Archived