Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Dad's Birthday

MDenise

• Members

It is November 1. It's the first birthday of my dad since his passing. He should not have died so young (67). He had this tendency to stay healthy, and said he never got sick. Even as he dealt with high blood pressure and chronic stress. He seemed destined to have a long life. I looked forward to every birthday of his. It meant another year older, and closer to a full life. I wanted a lot more birthdays for him. Now there's no point in that, trying to get to his next birthday. But I am okay and still accept his birthday. I am grateful for his 67 years.

In case you're wondering about his death. He became sick and had flu-like symptoms for two weeks, off and on, when he died. He said at the beginning that he felt like he was dying. He considered going to the hospital at that time, but didn't. An autopsy was not done on him.

• Members

I´m really sorry for your loss. I understand the feeling of someone being taken all of the sudden because of silent disease

Archived