Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Panic attack...

Austykatie

• Members

So a few hours ago I was just sitting here doing homework and watching movies with my daughter (she isn't feeling well and has a cold, she has Asthma so I keep her close to watch her breathing) and I start getting that panic feeling.. My heart is racing and I just cant gather my thoughts, I got super hot and I just cant understand what is going on! So I just looked at the calendar for some reason and realized its 6months ago today that they recovered Jim's body from the River..my panic attack started about the same time of the day the police called to give me the news. Why? do these days have to keep happening.. When? Will it go away? This awful panic feeling? I am going to complain for a second..I Really Really dislike this! I just don't want to be the "widow" anymore, not only am I dealing with this I went to his best friends bday party last night and it was the first time I saw everyone since the memorial..It was so hard! okay going to go make my bed since I washed my sheets and crawl in, maybe cry for awhile just because I can and go to bed or chat if I cant fall asleep.. Thank in advance for listening!

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

AustyKatie...

I usually post in the Loss of an Adult Child section but noticed the title of your post...I too suffer badly from panic disorder...

My son died last October 2012...someone ran him over on his motorcycle...this is my second child loss...

Anyways, I was told by my counselor to make a "safe spot" in my house...pick a favorite chair or place...mine is a corner chair...I bought a special blanket, my favorite books are there, my bible, I keep my special teas ready,...just a place of retreat....

I also take Lorazapam for now, once before bed...it seems to help...

Wishing you a peaceful evening...

Jesse David's mom

• Members

Jesse David's Mom~ Thank you for the suggestions! I am very sorry to hear about your loss! I took a half of a Xanax tonight in hope that will help. My oldest son is 17 and he is out but will be home soon. My youngest, daughter with Autism, is sick with a cold and also has Asthma so I just have my hands full! I am pretty sure I will not be sleeping well tonight as I will be checking on her breathing. I would just have her sleep with me but she is 11years old and has incontinence issues. I also don't want to start the habit of her sleeping with me. I just got her sleeping in her room. Thanks for taking the time out! Thanks again..

• Members

So sorry you had to experience that. I am not a fan of the panic attacks/grief spasms at all. I find for myself it is worse when I am under stress. Guess that makes sense doesn't it? :wacko: It is just learning how the "new" us responses to stress and what level we can take. That part I am still trying to work out. I do exactly what Jesse David's mom does. I am wishing you all the best, and you will be in my thoughts today.

Archived