Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trying to move on but cant

Hardtocope

• Members

Hi all

I lost my mother back in June of 2012... My father passed away back in 1995... One week after my 13th birthday.

My son was only 3 months old and I was 10 weeks preg when my mum lost her fight with Cancer... I have found it difficult now for she's not ere to see her grand kids grow... Say that first word, take that first step... Celebrate their birthdays.. I'm alone doing it only with my husband but sense my mothers passing we have become distant.... So I'm grieving in the shower for both my parents... I'm not happy... Don't take joy in nothing....

Counclling in out of the question... It don't work for me... Don't have anyone to help.... I miss my parents

• Members

I'm so sorry for your losses. I have also lost both parents, the most recent being my Mom this September. I am learning that death can cause issues with a spouse. I started counseling right away. If this is not an option for you, start journaling. Write everything you feel in your journal. Do this every single day even when it's hard. It really can help. I write to Mom every day no matter what. That's what you can do too. Write to your parents in the journal. I'm told with each day that passes we grow 1 day stronger. I don't think I'm enough days out to really know if that's true. Mom lived with me nearly my whole life (I'm 44), and I feel that this is complicated grief. I pray that you can find some strength to write your feelings down at least. You will be in my prayers.

Archived