Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anyone else find Monday's particularly hard?

andysgirl

• Members

I don't know about anyone else but Monday feels so difficult. I called in sick today because I had gotten my nerves so worked up. I don't know if it's getting into work mode & trying to concentrate or if it's knowing that it's the start of another week without him. At almost 9 months in I still wish I had the resources to take a leave of absence or something. To just be able to cry & sleep when I want or go out & be social when I want. That would be nice. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

• Members

Mondays are hard for me too. I call in sick quite often. You really don't want to stay home though. It isn't all it's cracked up to be, at least for me. I'm much better off going to work.

• Members

Oh yes weekends are the worst. Then I feel like I need Monday off to recuperate from that haha. Work is ok once I get there. Most days it's just trying to get there.

• Members
MissingDaniel

Know what you mean. It got bad for a while and i got "talked to" about how they needed to be able to depend on me, and how important it was to my girls that I keep my job. I've had to make a concerted effort not to call in when I often feel like it! But Mondays are definitely the worst for that :(

• Members

I don't mind Monday's any more than I ever did, in some ways they may be easier now because it distracts me. Nights and weekends are the worst, I have to specifically plan things to keep me busy to stay out of depression mode. Last week I was sick and didn't work for 2 1/2 days, that was absolutely the worst, being sick and alone and unable to do anything much to keep my mind busy. Makes me shudder to think about it.

• Moderators

Being unemployed, it's all the same to me. If I could afford it I'd definitely retire...I'm very tired of HAVING to work, esp given my field is painfully uninteresting to me now and bad managers seem far more common than good ones. True being home alone can do a number on you, but if necessary I could find something to do. Just wish I had a choice.

• Members

Sorry to hear you are still feeling this way! I know it can be hard and baby steps are sometimes what you need. I have taken so many steps forward and then a ton backwards, but somehow I have found a way to go back forward! This is why they call it "you have a case of the Mondays" LOL I always think I am good if I get to Wednesday without freaking out! However I would have to admit Sundays are my bad day! Hugs

• Members

I am the opposite, I generally find the weekends the hardest for so many reasons.

''I totally wish they would have a "like" button! LOL

• Members

Know what you mean. It got bad for a while and i got "talked to" about how they needed to be able to depend on me, and how important it was to my girls that I keep my job. I've had to make a concerted effort not to call in when I often feel like it! But Mondays are definitely the worst for that :(

Sometimes people just don't understand the pain you are going through, If they could only for a second realize that sometimes its just a struggle for you to get out of bed and function let alone go to work and focus....I know it can be hard! Keep your head up young one! Hugs

• Members
MissingDaniel

Yes, Katie, it can be frustrating. I had someone give me a hard time about a file today that I had gotten at the end of March. He made a snide comment about how I got it "a year ago" and hadn't finished it up, and I felt like snapping back at him: "yes, I got it in March, and in April my entire world crashed in around me. Sorry if I let things go a bit....I don't know why I would possibly have had any problem getting things done." As I usually do, I just bit my tongue and told him I'd get it taken care of. smh

• Members

I had a total meltdown this week, found myself feeling very anxious about everything & lost it in my therapists office. Looks like I'm getting a short term leave, for a few weeks at least, while I try out an antidepressant. I've fought so hard for almost 9 months to not have to go on them by going a more natural route but the time has come for a prescription I guess. It sucks. I'm really not looking forward to them. The only assurance I got was that I'm not going crazy & that going back into acute phases if grief is normal even though it doesn't feel like it. I guess so many significant dates & going through this alone has just gotten the best of me. Back to the therapist tomorrow. Sigh. Plus I seem to have put my neck out. I am not a happy camper.

• Members

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to this grief crap. On my way to work this morning memories from way back started flashing in my mind...not even special stuff, just everyday stuff, and I totally lost it. It totally amazes me how we can be just fine one day and the next we are right back to square one. I miss my husband so much and this is so totally not fair!!! My heart just breaks for you young folks who didn't even really get a start in life. Life sucks. I hope, if we live multiple lives that we at least have a choice whether we want to do this again because I don't!!! I was thinking about all the people that I have lost in my lifetime. There are more that have crossed over than there are alive. I don't want to be here anymore. Ugh!!! I gotta get myself out of this funk!! I wish I knew how.

thisishard...don't feel bad that you are going to try an antidepressant. Sometimes they help big time. Give it a chance and allow yourself time to get the full effects from the drug. I think I'm going to go see my doc and get something too. I all ready take two anti-d's but I need something for anxiety because that is such an awful feeling. I can't handle anxiety attacks and I've been getting them a lot since my husband died.

• Members

Hang in there ..we've just hit one of those bumpy places in the road. Thinking about you...just not up to talking much at the moment. :)

• Members

Those memory flashes, hate those. It is like a slide show going off in your head and it comes without warning. Haven't had one of those in a month, sorry Judy your experiencing them. I have no idea how you stop them, but maybe it is a sign slow down need grieving time.

Hope the meds help thisishard, I was on antidepressants when I lost a job and they really helped. I have problems with kinking my neck and sometimes I get wry neck (you don't want that). I found ice works the best and a lot of muscle relaxants and pain meds. Then see if you can get into physio. If TO is anything like the north it sometimes takes a long time to get into physio so you might want to start looking into it now.

Have a great weekend everyone. My brother, sister and our families are all going to spend Thanksgiving with my father (and stepwitch). Sure wish I felt more into it!!

• Members

Mondays are hard for me ATM, but for a different reason. MY work "week" is Fri, Sat, and Sun .. So on Monday I find myself alone at home with nothing to do, no where to go, no one to talk to. The loneliness is my biggest issue currently .. I am going to be volunteering at one of the local animal shelters starting the 17th so hopefully that will help.

• Members

Wow!! for me. last Sunday was tough....While I was glad to see her friends, I only made it about 10 minutes into the service....my first visit to church since her death.....had to split.... Mondays seem to be OK for me so far....maybe because I start Monday with a list of things to do that I couldn't do over the weekend..... Good luck to you....

Archived