Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still Emotionally Raw

stacylynt

• Members

I lost my older brother 5 years ago to cancer. His name is Scott and he was my best friend and confidant! Scott was diagnosed with HIV in March of 2007, cancer in September of 2007 and passed away on January 31, 2008... it was 3 hours and 43 minutes shy of my 35 birthday. To this day, I can not stop from thinking that he is going to call me or send me an e-mail that says "Hey, what's up?" When the subject of my brother, and his life/death comes up it brings up all of the grief that I feel on a daily basis, only magnified 10 fold! I still feel the same way that I did when he died... I have such an emptiness in my heart that I know will never be filled; there is no amount of help that I have sought to process my emotions that has lessened the hurt that his death has caused in my life... this online support group is my chance to put out there how I feel, and to know that I am not alone in my sea of "Why my brother, etc..."

• Members

stacylynt, I am very sorry about the loss of your brother. Trying to find the answer to "Why?" is a struggle many people deal with. We may never know why and we have to figure out how to just accept. You are right that talking about how you feel will help. It's okay to be angry, sad, afraid, scared, lonely, frustrated and all kinds of other feelings. I lost my brother to a car accident. He was only 21, and it was horrifying. It just seemed so unfair, but I've learned to let that go. Talking helps. We will be here to listen to you--ModKonnie

Archived