Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Procrastionation bug has hit me again

needy

• Members

Yes I am overwhelmed at work, my new boss keeps pilling stuff on me. Next week I get my biopsy results and of course I am a bit worried. Applied for life insurance was declined because of the biopsy. I have so much stuff to do around the house and just can't get it done and the list just gets bigger and bigger. My father invited us to go down for the Canadian Thanksgiving it will also be his 80 birthday. My brother and sister are bugging me to go, it will be the first time since 1994 that all of would be together in our home town. I did book the dog into a kennel but still haven't booked a hotel. Just got off the phone with my father, he doesn't want my kids to come?? Now I feel totally paralyzed and just want to sit and stare at a wall.

• Members

I'm so sorry about all of this. Sometimes, things are pretty overwhelming. I'm guilty of procrastination myself, especially since Mike died. I think it's just that I feel like my plate is too full to get everything done, that I need to do. Sometimes I wonder if about a year spent in solitude might be a good idea.

• Members

Oh needy im sorry everything is getting on top of you :(. I wish i could help. I know how disheartening it is to have things piling up on you. Can you not talk to your boss? surely they know that youve had a bad time of it lately and can show a little common sense about your workload? *hugs* hon, keep your chin up, youll make it through

• Members

I think I just had a bad case of feeling sorry for myself and it makes me be more of a procrastinator and I will admit I hate weekends. This weekend I was thinking why oh why do I feel so bad. Maybe it is because I haven't gone to the gym for a month, the weather is changing and of course there is the work stress load. Guess I might have to talk to my boss, she is also new to her position maybe she doesn't realize exactly what is involved in my job and that she is piling too much stuff on my plate. As far as my father I really have to stop letting his words affect me so much, I think Alzheimer's is really hitting him hard. I booked a hotel for the kids and I, that way we have a place to go for privacy. I was hoping to go and play cards with the widow support group tonight, but just found out it is "meet the teacher" tonight. Tuesday I have a therapy session guess I might get my money's worth this time.

• Members

oh hun, we're allowed to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes......sometimes were the only ones that know what we are going through. And i think youre entirely right about your father. Altzheimers is a terrible thing that can produce some terribly hurtful comments, but theyre made in all innocence. I have the greatest admiration for you dealing with all you have to take. And you make SURE you get your moneys worth. Tell that therapist all thats been happening and make them work for their money LOL. I truly wish i could do more for you. Youve had so much to deal with its not fair, but i know you can handle it eventually. Take care needy, and remember that im thinking of you and wishing you well.

• Members
The drummer's wife

Procrastination always gets a bad rap. Understandably continual procrastination is a detriment to our well being but a little bit of putting off until tomorrow is sometimes the nicest thing we can do for ourselves. For me, I use a day to procrastinate as the carrot on the stick to propel myself into a day of must do and have to do...allowing myself a day of nothing gives me strength for the days I must get things accomplished. Peace on your journey,

• Members

I am definitely going to get my money worth tomorrow!! Hopefully I don't make her cry like the mental health nurse at the crisis clinic.

Archived