5 months

MissuDad

• Members

3 days ago it was the day I reached the 5th month milestone. Grief is everything and more that we read about…

Funnily today at work a friend started to sing the song “in the arms of an angel”, this was the song I listened for more than 2 months after my dad passed away, then at home while I was fixing the floor another friend reminded me when he and I were preparing the living room for the xmas dinner and asked my dad to leave for a while and he got upset.

These memories should bring a smile to my face, but they still make me feel pain and sadness…

I have a hard time crying and expressing negative feelings, so I started to feel anxious and eventually ended up crying a bit.

It´s so hard to get these sudden reminders that you´ll never see someone you truly love ever again…

• Members
stillfighting431

I feel your pain. I try very hard not to relate things, dates & places with my memories of mom since it brings so much pain, but I don’t always succeed. Like you said these little reminders of our irreparable loss are everywhere & they do get to you. It’s been 2 years but I still can’t go shopping without missing mom & shedding silent tears as my mind floods with memories of my trips with mom. This realization that I won’t ever see her again is so unbearably painful. But in time you learn to process this sudden wave of grief quickly & put it out of your mind. I still haven’t gotten to the point where I can remember her fondly. I still cry my eyes out when I look at old photo albums. I hope time will lessen this sadness. Hang in there.

• Members

And I lost my dad seven months from Oct. 4, so we lost ours around the same time. I had him for a while after other deaths in the family an hoped to have him much longer than I did. I was so sad to lose him. It seemed unreal that he was gone. Some household items, his clothes, the place where he worked, and his desk there made me emotional.

Archived