Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lossing a brother it never gets easier!

babysis1968

• Members
babysis1968

Hi  All,

I lost my brother Dale almost 2 years ago, On August 27th it will mark the 2nd anniversary of his tragic death!  Words cannot even begin to define the loss and emptiness I feel everyday with him gone.  I was not raised with my brother Dale as our birth mother was killed when we were both under the age of 2.  Dale and I were seperated and  when he was 22 and I was 21 we were reunited.  Dale had a rough childhood with alot of abuse and lonliness.  I was able to share some good years with him, but he spent most of his time in and out of prison.  He was a troubled soul with alcohol and drugs eating him alive.  I was able to stay in his life, he had gotten out of prison on June 10th 2006  with a steady job and a nice apartment.  I called him daily to see how he was doing I really thought he was turning his life around, I was dead wrong.  I finally made the 3 hour trip to his home we went out with a mutual friend in the area we had good food, a few drinks and great laughs. He left my friends cabin on August 26th 2006 at 11:39PM to be exact, I knew he had too much to drink I tried to stop him but I guess he was GOD he thought.  My last memory of my brother Dale was telling him I LOVED HIM and he said you worry too much.  The next morning August 27th 2006 @ 10:15 am  I recieved a call from Dale's ex-girlfirend (mother of his son) he had been in accident he was killed instantly when his truck ran off the road and he was ejected from his vehicle.  The police said he fell asleep at the wheel and was intoxicated to the point he should have been comatosed.  My life has never been the same and I thought time will heal all wounds I still hurt as much as I did the first day he was gone!!!!!

post-19954-128153889096_thumb.jpg

• Members
missingddbdkb

hey baby sis,

you are so right it doesn't get any easier, i lost my brother in dec 2006, we also lost his son 7 days before him, i cry almost everyday, i miss them so much.

Archived