Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief support group

Sammijo2424

• Members

I went to my first grief support group this evening. It will be weekly for 6 weeks, hope it will help some. I never know what each day will bring, last week I opened his bedside table drawer and there was his keys and harmonica, cried like a baby. Such a roller coaster ride. I have been trying to just stay busy at anything

I painted flower pots, repotted plants from funeral, cleaned house, have been in back yard alot pulling up weeds, etc, I read a daily devotional, read my bible and journal probably every two days. Every morning I sit on patio and drink coffee, read and just spend a little quiet time with God. This all seems to help. I know I have not posted much in last couple months, I was in a dark place for quite some time...but, I am still here, still living in spite of myself. So many posts have helped me to get through and I thank y'all.

• Moderators

SJ glad to hear things are on an upswing - ! The group should help - if it doesn't though, try another. It took me 2 or 3 tries to find one that worked.

• Members

I'm glad to hear about the group, and hope it helps you. It sounds to me like you're on a good track right now- kudos to you. This site is pretty much my support group, and things are generally getting better. I have been able to cry again, which is a good thing after having gone through two months where I could not cry at all. I've been getting outside more and doing a few things, and signed up for a tai chi class in addition to the yoga a couple of times a week. Those things seem to be helping me, or maybe it's just the passage of time. I find myself spending more time in a melancholy mood lately, and crying, but it's not the stark despair that I was going through initially, and fortunately the panic attacks have subsided. This is just going to take some time and much adjustment.

Archived