Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of mother due to unexpected heart attack

pallen83

• Members

Next month it will be a year my mom has been gone she passed away at the age of 46 she was so beautiful and was on top of the world! No one in my family suspected she was sick until one day while at work I get a call from her husband telling me my mom passed last night and my little brother found her in her bed unresponsive. My heart sunk into my stomach and I fell to my knees the first thing I thought was how could this happened to me again since my daughter 15 months had passed 2years earlier at my mother's home it was a complete nightmare. My life is over I know there will never be complete happiness in my life due to the hole left in my heart because my mom, dad and first born are gone my mom kept the family together and now that she is gone my family is torn apart.

• Members

Pallen, I am very sorry about the loss of your mother. The year anniversary is always a very difficult one to get through. While it may feel as though your life is over, it isn't. We don't always understand why things happen, but we deal with them the best way we can and keep moving forward. I would suggest you may want to talk to a professional about your losses. You've suffered some seriously profound losses within a short time, and perhaps a counselor would be able to guide you through. Also, we have a Loss of a Child Board and a Loss of a Parent board where I am going to move these and leave a link, in case you'd like to post to them. There are many people here who have been through similar experiences. They may be able to offer you some support and encouragement that only those who have lived through it can understand. We will be here for you--ModKonnie

Archived