Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of fiancé in May 2013

Austykatie

• Members

Hi- I'm new to that site. I lost my fiancé may 17 2013 in a car accident. I was in the car and had to be on life support for 1 month. I am so lonely without him. I don't know what to do... I miss him. My best friend. My partner. I just have no energy. I'm recovering from the accident but harder is emotionally.

• Guests

First off Tina, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you found your way here. Its a good place to vent, cry, share and talk with good people who have also suffered loss similar to yours. Feeling lost is quite common and also lack of energy. Try to keep up regular good health habits, although it may be hard to do that. It is for me. It is fresh and raw, it will take time. I hate that part, but it is the only way. There are no magical potions that can heal us from our emotional wounds.

My heart and thoughts go out to you. Come back here often. Read the experiences of others, some of them may help you on your journey.

May peace find us all.

With high regard,

Ern

• Members

Tina,

I am also new to this site, and new to the unbelievable reality of losing a partner. My husband passed away 5 weeks ago, on a regular day together... But within a few moments he was gone. He had an aortic dissection, my efforts of CPR or that of the paramedics could not save him. He was 34, I am 31.

I felt compelled to respond to your post because I know the feelings you described. I am experiencing a similar loss. I have no words of wisdom to share with you. I just want you to know I'm here too, I'm hurting too, I also don't know how to live life without my partner. You aren't alone.

Emily

• Members

Thank you to Ern and Emily. I'm so sorry for both of your losses. I know we are going through hard times but I am glad we can share with each other. I really enjoy spending time with my dogs and my parents. At a young age to start over is hard... To say the least. I'm not looking to date but explaining why I'm single and married is hard.

Wish you all luck!

• Members

I know what you mean about the single thing.. I mean i have two children, a 3 year old & 1 1/2 yr old. It is heartbreaking to think they will not know their father. It is also painful to watch other young couples move forward in their relationships (I.e. getting engaged or married, having kids, etc).

I actually deleted almost all my Facebook friends, because I can't stand to see their posts about happy moments in their life! How messed up is that!?

I don't know, I really just want to go to sleep for the next 100 years, and shut out the whole world. But I have two little boys who depend on me, so I get up and face the world the best I can... I miss my Tony every moment.

Emily

• Members

I am so incrediably sorry for both you young ladies. No age is a good age to lose your mate. I'm 56, too young to spend the rest of my life single but too old to really give a damn. It is very hard and it sure doesn't seem to get any easier either. But this forum help so much. It helps me to realize that what I'm feeling and going through are normal. Stay around, it will definitely help.

• Members
MissingDaniel

Tina and Emily -

I am so sorry for both of you! You are both very young to be in this position. I guess I'm a bit in between. I'm 46 and my husband was 39. He would have turned 40 next month. But our children are young, and I'm young enough that the thought of being alone from now on is tough. Sudden loss is so very hard. I think you spend quite a while in shock and numb. I wish blessings on both of you as you deal with your loss, and hope you find some comfort. They say it gets better. I guess we'll see.

• Members

Thank you both for your words of support. I really don't feel like age matters in the face of such devastating loss of a partner. I no longer feel

like I can relate to people who haven't experienced this.

• Members

Age doesn't matter when your loss is awful. I just felt a loss at this age of my fiancé was crazy. Iam happy to be on this site to talk everyone.

Wish you all love and health.

• Members

I am sorry to hear of your loss! I am 36years old and my boyfriend/husband was 43. He also passed away very sudden in a tragic snowmobile accident on Feb 16,2013. He hit open water on the river and drowned, they didn't recover his body until April 20th, 2013. Being young and have gone through such tragedy has sure changed myself and my childrens life...Although my children were from my previous marriage I don't think this was any easier it being their stepdad..He was the one who lived with us everyday for more than 4 years. Somedays are unbearable to get through for us but other days I just pretend my life has always been this way! My thoughts are with you and I am always open to talk if you need anything!

• Members

Hi Austykatie I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate you sharing and I know somedays are unbearable. How are your kids? Did their school start? Thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Members

I to deleted my Facebook. I can't see people post how happy they are either. I am in an awful place. I am happy for them but it reminds me how unhappy I am. I just want this feeling to go away.

• Members

Hi Austykatie I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate you sharing and I know somedays are unbearable. How are your kids? Did their school start? Thoughts and prayers are with you.

My kids are doing okay..Okay I am lying LOL My oldest son who is 17yrs old is struggling big time right now! I am doing my best to be a parent & friend, yet steer him in the right direction. Hes giving me a run for my money right now! They start school next Tuesday and I already know what a challenge it will be! 2 of my children have Autism and chronic health conditions that effect their daily life so its always a challenge. I am so sorry that you are going through this also.. I am about 3 months ahead of you on the scale of grieving and your in one of my hardest times. Just remember the pain will never go away but it will get easier. Also this forum is like a second family to me! Its helped me out so much! I am always here to talk if you need to!

• Members

Thanks for writing back. Ur sense of humor made me smile. Sorry your going through this as well. I just pray it gets easier... I have good days... Then really crappy ones!

• Members

Thank you both for your words of support. I really don't feel like age matters in the face of such devastating loss of a partner. I no longer feel

like I can relate to people who haven't experienced this.

I am 64, and I also think age makes no difference. I was married 27 years to my soul mate, with retirement clearly in sight. Now I have no idea of a future, full time loneliness in retirement seems like a nightmare.

• Members

Thanks for writing back. Ur sense of humor made me smile. Sorry your going through this as well. I just pray it gets easier... I have good days... Then really crappy ones!

I feel like if I don't have some sort of sense of humor I wouldn't make it through all the tough times! My mom always tells me I have a "Big" personaility, I am well aware I have "the gift of gab" and I am for sure one of those people who just say it like it is! I wear my heart on my sleeve and usually don't hold back. One of my friends tells me that I even when I am sad or feeling bad I have the ability to make people smile, so I have taken that on as something that I was put on this earth to do! Again if you need anything feel free to message me!

Archived