Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Loss

Step_mama

• Members

I hope I am doing this right... First, I am so sorry about everyones losses. I lost my 23 year old step daughter ten days ago. We don't have the final report yet, but it looks like she died from an accidental overdose of a prescription she had. She had a 3 year old son and a 3 week old son. She hemorrhaged during the birth and developed a uterine infection. She was given antibiotics and pain meds. It seems that she took one too many and went peacefully in her sleep. For all intents, I was her mom and couldn't have loved her more if she was really mine. She was my best friend. I also have a 21 year old step son and a 10 year old biological daughter. It's hard to grieve and stay positive for the other two kids at the same time, but I have to.

• Members
Melodyannhudson

I am so sorry for your loss and those poor babies are going to need you to keep her memory alive for them, my heart aches for your situation and the babies.i hope this site offers you comfort and the support you need. It helps it's always here and you can write your heart out and know your not alone. You and your family are in my prayers.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss of your daughter. You have so many others to think and care about as you deal with your own grief and my heart really goes out to you.

My own 29 year old daughter died 5 1/2 months ago suddenly from Septic Shock. Emotionally, I am still raw and definitely not my old self, so I can barely imagine how difficult it would be to caring for your younger son and daughter. My other children are older, but their sister's loss hit them really hard. We are all still grieving.

I say all this as there is no quick way through this. And I want to let you know that you are not alone.

My best to you,

Dru

Archived