Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my son 6 months ago (aged 38)

smally

• Members

Hi my name is Carmel, my husband and I lost our son Steven on the 13 February 2013, 6 months ago today (aged 38). I have not had the best day, crying all day and my daughter suggested I try this chat room to talk to others who have gone through a similar experience.

Steve was playing indoor cricket when he collapsed and passed away suddenly from arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy. Steven never had any heart problems right from birth, making it all the more difficult for everyone to come to terms with. Steven was married with two beautiful children who adored him. We are all there for each other but I still feel I need to talk to other people to help me get through the tough times.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Carmel...I lost my son of 42 years a year ago....please go to the site called 'Loss of Adult child'.....many are on that site that will understand your loss...some have been on there for years...some a short time....I can tell you it has been a life saver for me....for I don't have a circle of people around me that have lost a child....and when I say child...they can be 2 years old or 50....they are still our child...please tell us about your son...I do so need people that understand this grief journey that I am on...and they have helped me through this foreign land I find myself in. Blessings to you.

Archived