Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A motherless child_ raising a child.

Sidewindor

• Members

I just recently expressed to my husband and my siblings one of my biggest fears and insecurities. That is raising my little girl feeling inadequate as I lost my mother as a teenager and had to teach myself EVERYTHING about being a young woman and now a woman and I am afraid that I will not be able to teach my daughter all that there is too be a woman because I honestly don't know what (all) is. She's 4 years old now and I try so hard to be a good example for her but have to deal with my insecurities and pain of not having my mother or no other motherly or even womanly figure in my life. I know that with God all things are possible and I did not get here on my own. Remaining prayful through pain.

• Members

Keep your head up. Your 4 year old will look up to you and aspire to be just like you. Teach her how to love and be compassionate, and you will be a hero.

• Members

Absolutely! She will learn to model herself after your tenacity and she will be stronger and better for it. I will keep you in my thoughts. Remember to have good thoughts for every day.

Archived