Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members

Thank you all for confirming what I already knew in my heart to be the truth. I know Mike is here, despite what "logic" might tell me to believe. On most levels it makes me feel better knowing that he's ok, but it's also bringing up pain that I haven't felt this strongly since the first days after his accident. It's like I'm losing him all over again. Has anyone else felt like this after experiencing an ADC for the first time, or am I alone? I don't want to feel like this, because I know he has given me a tremendous gift by visiting the way he did. It just feels now like he's so close yet I know I can't reach him. The finality of it is sinking in and I don't know if I can deal with it. Does that make sense?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shannongaal,

Yes, it all makes perfect sense! Felt the same way myself for many, though not all, ADC's. It DOES feel like losing them all over again, because you then can't deny that that's what your new relationship is going to be like, and it's not what you're used to, or really wanting. You want the old stuff back. You CAN deal with it, but again, you must be loving to yourself, accepting of your emotions and frustrations about it all. It's just the way it is now, but of course you can make it feel a bit better by keeping on looking for those signs and welcoming all visitations you DO get. I learned to live with alot LESS than what I'd been used to, but they're still blessings and I can't even imagine not having been blessed with the ones I DID get. I'm even quite sure, were we better versed in the existence of these other realms, that we could be living in BOTH dimensions whenever we so chose, as Seekingsolace can, but we just haven't been at it long enough yet, as a society or as an entire world. Don't give up, even if you have to take breaks. The more of us working on this, the more our collective unconscience picks up speed to evolve. As the Course In Miracles says, THERE'S ONLY ONE OF US HERE....because we're all connected, to everything that is, was and ever will be.

• Members

Swede1...thank you so much for the information on What The Bleep...I haven't heard of it and am looking forward to going to their website!!!

Shannongaal...I too know exactly how you feel...the ADC's do leave you with kinda a double edge sword..you're sad because your loved one isn't physically with you YET excited that you're there's communication going on.

Take care...Cindi

• Members

My husband passed on August 8. He was 32 and we'd been married just over a year. When they told me he was mostly brain dead and would not survive, I held his hand and told him how much I love him, and that even though he had doubts about an afterlife, I was sure there was one, and to give me lots of signs he was ok. That night, after picking his family up from the airport I went to bed late after being awake in the hospital for days. I felt like someone was sitting on the bed with me. I want to think it is him, but wonder if I was just too exhausted. He was my life, my heart, and at 28 I feel my life is over. I've never loved someone so much, or felt so loved, and I am devastated that he is gone.

• Members

Annecal,

Most of my biggest and best ADC's came in the first few weeks after my losses, I think because our loved and loving ones don't want to have to make us wait any longer than necessary to hear from them. The fact that you were so tired likely made you more receptive, more quiet inside after all the trauma, in order to open that channel better. While it doesn't happen this way with everyone, it's more common than not. Unlike most, I got signs both in more receptive states and in traumatized states ( more, actually, while I was upset, strangely ), but now that you mention it, I WAS very tired in almost all of them. And BTW, your husband probably was still very aware of you being there, despite his "mostly brain dead" state. It is widely believed that beings can and do leave their physical bodies when in trauma and when dying, when it looks to us like they are still animating their bodies in some way, but the body is just in the process of shutting down BECAUSE spirit has left it already. So he was likely hovering above and hearing every word you were saying, just as has been reported so often with people who've had NDE's. And we're all so sorry that your husband has transitioned....but know that he is still around, and so is his love for you.

• Members

Griffin has done so much to communicate to me just what I need to hear. Then, when I am just too busy crying- I don't hear-see-feel-smell much because I am so deep in the grief hole. I have a hard time buying into the spiritual afterlife- souls all around like energized, functioning air- But, from experience I can conclude that my son is with me, yet I am always seeking a clearer, more definitive truth, I guess- something I can hold on to-physically, I guess...maybe thats the problem- anyway, I'd like to develop my "new relationship" with my son, understand it better, and be able to nurture it and watch it grow- and really feel it to be real-....You can read some accounts of Griffins messaging on his website- I really have to get in there and add the missing communications-, etc.

https://griffin-schwartz.memory-of.com/about.aspx

• Members

Hi everybody,

Seekingsolace, thanks for your answers...

I wanted, again, to share something with you all...

Last day, I went to see the cross that I put on the side of the road where Steven had his accident. It was raining a lot so I stayed a few minutes in the car and then the sun was shinning really brightly. I stepped out of the car and walked along the road towards the cross. After a few minutes, I realized that I've been walking way to far, but I didn't came across the cross! I was scared that someone had taken off the cross... So I step back trying to find the tree he had hit. And there was also the cross... I couldn't understand how I could have missed it! I go there every week!?

I went back to the car and took the highway, the sun was really low and with the road still being wet, it was really hard to see. Then I saw a car turned over on the road, then another car, then another car!!! When I saw in front of me yet another car!! I decided to get of at the next exit, cause four accidents in 1 km was way to much... Later I saw on the news that just between when I took the highway and my exit (one exit further than the one I took) there had been 14 accidents due to the wet road and low sun!!! If I had been on the road 5 min earlier I had probably been in the accidents!!

Now I'm thinking that Steven (or someone else) deliberatly made me miss the cross in the first place, so I would lose time and take the highway 5 min later than normally...

Maybe it's too farfetched... but I believe it!! :-)

God bless you all!!

Elena

• Members

elena82,

Powerful stuff there! I think you should DEFINITELY take that as a sign your Steven is looking out for you! Wonderful news! ( and no, I just don't believe any more in mere coincidence )

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Elena82, it's so beautiful to hear of how protect us, even after they're gone. Please let your heart rest knowing he's looking out for you. My best wishes and prayers, Mark

• Members

To: Cindi & lauraa:

Thanks for your replies. It is such a relief to know others have had experiences like I have--especially when the rest of the world is telling me I am crazy!! Roy's dad passed away on May 28th, 2005. His family always accepted me as "family" & they have been so good to me. I have to admit I do not see them as often as I would like--it is very hard to go & visit w/them since I miss Roy so much when I leave. Mom Black's birthday was Aug. 24th & I knew it would be a very hard day for her--1st only her & dad celebrated their birthdays together for 56 years & 2nd last August 24th Roy wanted to have a surprise party for her--just the 4 of us. He was like a little boy--he did all the cooking (I made everything & he stirred it & took the credit--how I miss that!); it was the best present his mom ever had & he was so proud of himself--I have a picture & you can see how happy he was with himself. Mom & I talked until 1:30 am--I feel so guilty for not going over more often--she is at the stage I knew she would be at, so lonely it's unbearable & just wishing she could die & be with dad again. We have always been close & now we have this unbreakable bond of losing the man you love. I shared w/her for the 1st time about feeling Roy's presence--I believe she felt some comfort from that. We love sharing past conversations, etc. with each other. The 1st time we talked after dad died she told me about his actual death--I was crying since it was exactly like Roy's & then she told me her vision of dad & Roy running to each other & they were so happy to be together---I told her I had the exact same vision--it was comforting to both of us to know they are happy & healthy. For those of you who believe in prayer, please include mom in your prayers to help her cope with her loss of her youngest son & her husband--she has been through so much. Thanks again for your support! All of you take care & remember the one you lost is still with you & always will be. Tammy

• Members

Tammy61...What a WONDERFUL VISION you and your mother in law have!!!!! The two of you are so fortunate to have each other and my heart goes out to her for wishing she would just die to be with him....I know THAT feeling all too well. If I hadn't had children to think of and NOT wanting them to be in this kind of pain God only knows what I would've done. Tammy I really enjoyed reading about Roy and his dad running to each other...it made me smile. Take care of yourself and give your mother in law a hug...Cindi

• Members
feelingalone

I usually am on loss of a father message board but I wanted to talk about somethings that had happened while planning my dad's memorial. i'll give you alittle back ground. My dad passed aug. 13,2005 we were at the hospital and in the room when he passed, we were saying goodbye and my brother had said I love you and my husband said he could hear my dad say i love you too. my dad was in a coma, anyhow my husband looked up to see if anyone else had heard anything. we did not. another thing was my dads girlfriend(who none of us liked) asked if we would come to the house they shared because my dads family was in town for his service, well they had never met. the thing is since his passing it had been bright and sunny well when we all arrived at her house it got nasty out. It got dark, thunder and down poaring rain, I felt he was not happy that his family had met his girlfriend. his girlfriend was not nice to him, his sole mate had passed away 2 yrs. ago. So I think his girlfriend was there to feel a void. anyhow when we left the sun came out and it was so bright. I honestly believe that he did not want them to meet and he made that fact known. at his sevice my grandma was recieving his flag and all of a sudden his riffle that was there fell to the ground, and I even said "well if that is not a sign" when the service was over there was a rainbow right in front of the funeral home(right out the front door) and it didn't even rain that day. I don't usually belive in these kind of things, I just wanted to know what other people thought of what I experienced, or is it just wishful thinking. I don't know if I'm just wanting to believe that he is contacting us. please if you can help me understand that would be wonderful. Feel free to let me know if it was just my imagination. thanx, feelingalone

• Members

Dear Feelingalone,

It isn't your imagination, as you're not making these things up... They're signs of your dad :-) And I'm sure you felt it in your heart too.

Also, about your dad's girlfriend... well I don't know the history of their relationship, so I'm just supposing (because I would feel really sad if my boyfriend's family didn't liked me)... Didn't your dad and his girlfriend loved each other? if not, than your reason for this sign should be right... If they did love each other, maybe your dad was sad of all the negative emotions you and your family have for her (and maybe she have for you guys), because if she loved your dad half as much as I loved (and still love) my boyfriend... it's really hard and painful.

But if I'm completly wrong, don't be mad at me, I was just wondering :)

Bless you

Elena

• Members

Feeling Alone....I believe they are signs as well and agree with Elena that if your dad's girlfriend truly loved him and he her the signs may have been about the negative emotions. Take it from someone who was a "girlfriend" for 11 years that usually there is a reason they're not married (in my case it was because of my boyfriends drinking and being bipolar) which doesn't make the lose for them any less. It's EXTREMELY painful all the should of's...could of's...would of's....maybe he's just wanting all of you to be kind to each other. Just a thought...Hugs...Cindi

• Members

I had some really unflattering dreams about my significant other last night and it's been the first time I've seen him in this light since he's passed. One of the dreams I felt like he was cheating on me because he was seeing someone that he told me they were just friends and then I come to see two pair of square (of all things) glasses laying next to each other and I knew he was more involved than what he said....the second dream he was walking around with a "out of it" kind of look and was squirting people he pasted with a squirt gun..including me but he didn't notice it was me because he was so out of it. Some history is Gary had a terrible battle with alcohol and the alcohol won...anyone I thought these dreams were odd and wanted to see someone else's opinion of them and why after 9 months would I have dreams of this sort???

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

withani, CindiSue, if I answer this as a counselor, will that be okay? Is it possible that Gary is symbolic of someone in these dreams, and that these dreams are connected? The wedding ring is round and unending, like lifelong love. Square glasses can be symbolic of a bumpy ride and high and low spots in a relationahip outside of marriage, if you see them that way. Are you afraid of guns? This is only my take on this from my training in counseling. I hope I haven't upset you. I'm sorry if I have. I'm only writing these to help you with perspectives on how to look at these dreams.

• Members

Hi Mark...you didn't upset me at all..I just wondered if either dream meant anything. Gary and I were never married..he always begged me to marry him but I couldn't because he couldn't hold a job and had he problem with alcohol. We were together 11 years. Yes I am afraid of guns...terrified actually.

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

withani, CindiSue, I'm wondering if these make sense, even about the things with that certain person. I will respect your fear of guns: I fear the guy holding them. Somehow, I think these are just unpleasant dreams, the effect of your mind trying to make sense of things you don't want to deal with consciously. Just because they are upsetting, here's a little hug. Now, go back to sleep. Mark

• Members

Mark...I think you're right...just an unpleasant dreams that don't have any real meaning behind them...I over analyze sometimes...especially when it comes to Gary...thanks for the kind words

• Members

I would like to respond about me and my siblings and our feelings about my dads girlfriend. For one she is still married to her husband of over twenty years. my dad's soul mate the one he truly loved died 2 yrs ago of a brain tumor.She was not my mother but I loved her as if she was. For two he was filling a void, he did not love her as he would say" they were friends" he died at 53 yrs old they date for two years. He died on a sat. and she was in to his work first thing monday morning asking about life insurance. She has always treated us like crap and i'm sorry I don't have compassion for her but she was mean to him. She threw her 4 kids and her grandkids at my dad consantly that we never got to see him and they made us feel uncomfortable to even be at my dads. And to top it off she was drinking a half an hour before we went to make arrangements which WE INCLUDED HER and we did not have to. we have tried to be civil despite how we feel. I thought I was able to come to this site and express how I feel without being judged. I have very good reason to feel how I do. And yes I understand that it was a loss to her to but it would be nice if she was upset because she lost my dad not because he didn't leave her money.

• Members

Feelingalone, I agree with you. Most of us know our parents, brother, sisters, and children their wants needs and loves. It does sound like your dad was JUST feeling a void as many people do after they lose the love of their lives. I know this personally. I was 21 when my boyfriend of nine years was killed because of drinking he was driving. We were to be married 6 weeks before he died.

His family did not like me in the beginning because they wanted him to be with his ex and their children even though he did not want it. Any I filled my void with someone I really did not love as I should have, with that I did get my John fo 22 years which I am greatful for even as I hurt so much everyday. I hope things get better for you...for all of us.

Loving John 3/22/82 10/10/04

• Members

Seekinnksolance; thank you for your words. It makes me feel a little better knowing that John knew I was there. I know the 1st hours after his 2nd surgury he knew because as I spoke to him kissing him telling him I was there and he needed to wake up a tear fell from his eye, I kissed his eye dry and that was his last sign of life. The next 13 days he just layed there except for the posturing.

Mark, thank you for reminding me I was a good mother, I only wish I felt that way. What I do know is how much I love him and he loved me even with all the ups and downs. God took him yet didn't show me how to live this life with him.

• Members

Dear Feelingalone,

Sorry if my reply seems like I judged you, cause I wasn't judging you at all. As I said I answered without knowing the all story. Sorry for that. This site is really made so you can express feelings that can't be easily done in daily life.

I know your anger. For me is was the opposite as his parents were constantly talking about money, his money and the money they would lose for the funeral. That made me furious and I couldn't understand the way they were acting... The night of the accidents, they came to his home, I was still there in shock. They were taking the tv and microwaves, when I was smelling his t-shirt... That was hard...

Bless you and all your family and know that, here, we all know what you are going through...

Elena

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

feelingalone, first, I am so deeply sorry for the way grred is interrupting your family's grief. This is so sad. I'm sorry. I think the things you saw are genuine. A rainbow is a sign of promise, of hope. The falling rifle? Maybe to get your attention? Whatever. He just wants you to know he's okay, and he still loves you. Take gentle care of yourself. Don't let those around you overstress you.

• Members

Feeling Alone and Elena.....

Feeling Alone..I can understand how you felt about your father's girlfriend considering her rushing to his place of employment to see if there was any life insurance...I don't know how someone can do that and explains your feelings towards her. Also..even though your dad may have been filling a void..it's nice that he did not have to die alone..I'm sure the time he spend after the loss of his soulmate made him very lonely and the girlfriend he had did serve a purpose during that time.

Elena...I know how you felt with the family taking the tv's and microwave...on the day my beloved was discovered his exwife took his car..his keys to his storage unit that were in both are names...his clothing..everything. I unfortunately was a blob and could not fight back.

• Members

To all,

It is devasting how all these people want to take things right away while we are still in shock and disbelif. My issue is John's skate board. His bio brother wanted this before John died. he asked for it at the hospital from Shannons mom and my sister asked for it at his service.

I was and still am so upset about this. My family thinks it wrong that I have not taken John's things from his girlfriend. I feel she need them for now and if and when she is ready I will then have them. Don't they understand we want our loved one back and no more conflicts.

• Members

April (26) and Bobby (28) were married 3 years ago. We have not taken anything from Bobby either. We love him because he has been a part of our family for 10 years and just don't want to do ANYTHING to upset him. There are times when I want to go to their house though and just sit in April's closet because I think it will make me feel close to her. Things like her father and my wedding ring set I would like to give to one of her sisters someday.

• Members

Thank you all for you're support. I knew he wasn't going to make it from the begininng. There was so much to think about during this time. I knew last October that I was taking a thing from Shannon. I knew I would stand by her in court. This is what John would have wanted. I hoped that I rasied him to love enough with all his heart and follow your heart as he did.

I am wondering about something that has been happening to me since Johnny died. I hear him in my head, not his voice but things I know he would say. Is tis him talking or is this me wishing he was? When I cry I hear in my mind Momma don't cry you know I hate it when you cry. Things like this. I do not hear his voice (I think) I just hear those words. There is more but I think you may think I am going crazy which sometimes I feel as I am.

One more thing if you don't mind, on a recent holiday I was getting ready to sleep thinking about the gifts I needed to buy before coming home. I woke up in the morning from a dead sleep hearing "Mom buy a braclet for Shannon" I told my husband this and he just gave me a funny look. I think it was John asking me to do this. What do you think? In the past I always brought back things for my kids and their families, this time it was so hard seeing things I would have bought for John....

• Members

April's mom, I do understand wanting something of Aprils but not anting to ask for anything. I had 4 boxes in Johns closet he did not take with him. So I do have some things. Does it make me feel closer? No not really, it hurts to see them guess I have mixed feelings about this. My memories are in my mind and heart. His things are things..John was John my son.

• Members

Jscmom,

You're not crazy!! It's telepathy!

In the beginning I though also that I was making this up, but with time it became clear that it was Steven communicating with me! Cause I could never come up with a lot of stuff he 'told' me.

You should search some posts from Seekingsolace, she explained clearly how telepathy works and that it's the most common way for communication in the Other World.

Bless you!!! :-)

Elena

• Members

JCsMom~

I always "hear" Griffins voice in my head- either making comments on things, or like the little conscious on your shoulder telling me what to do- sometimes if I do something right- like the way I think he would want me to do things, I get signs....like when I told the driver of the car (Griffs' best friend) what was going on w/ the sentence & the different options, I had a really great sign that integrated me, the kid, and the state atty- a tangible message from Griffin...crazy stuff. I miss Griffin so much- really- even though he is "right by my side, only a breath away"...he should be here holding his baby sister in his arms. Just have to make peace with this somehow. I just cant believe if I live another 30 years, I will live a whole nother lifetime without Griffin here- it blows me away. How do people do this? One day at a time- I just heard in my head.

• Members

JCSMOM, ELENA82, GRIFFINSMOM...this must be telepathy and not losing our marbles for all of us to get these types of messages. I hear my beloved Gary in my head all the time with his thoughts on what I should do about this or that or just comments in general...it's difficult to believe it could be another 30 some years before we actually are with our loved ones again but none of use are guaranteed it will be 30 years either..I do believe there is a plan

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

jscmom, you most likely are hearing from John. The day of the accident is approaching, so this may be what he means. Don't go overboard, and blow a grand or more, but a simple statement of your love and support. That's all you need to do. Can it get any better? I would have loved some support as a child, and you know what I mean. Secrets are hopeless, aren't they? Hugs and prayers.

• Members

Hello Everyone....

Saturday I went to my son's football game and we sat under the press box to block the sun...it got really chilly to the point we all had to put jackets on....twice I asked my sister-n-law if she felt a warm streak of air...she said no...but I did and I knew it was my husband letting me know he was with us as he knew it was a special day for all of us...our son's 1st college football game.....it's been so emotional......Our loved ones are with us we all just have to pay attention and look for the signs. Bless you all!

• Members

I just went on my first trip without Mike. It has been 10 weeks since he died. As I was in flight to Memphis, the sky was beautiful. Clouds were so pretty and the sun streaking thru it. I smiled and looked out the window. And a peace came over me. I knew Mike was there. In that beautiful sky, in heaven. I felt peace. I might be crazy, but I felt it in my heart. And I do believe it was him. Nancy55

• Members

It's such a wonderful feeling to get warm feeling to get signs...I'm so happy for everyone here...I'm trying to be open to all the signs and the postings here just validate these things. Thank you! Hugs...Cindi

• Members

So I am not going crazy yippie!!!!! Did you all know this from the time it began for you? I kept telling myself he and were so close and because of this I was wanting to talk to him and him to so my mind was making all of this up.

Everyone knew how close we were friends and girlfriends sometime I had to tell him hey son that is way to much information.

Now I wish I had more information...........

• Members

Hi Jscmom,

In the beginning, I really thought I was losing it... ;-) But, the communication was too clear and there were too much things that I just couldn't have known. After reading more on Telepathy (thanks to Seekingsolace ;-)) I was sure.

A week ago, it was really special. I wasn't sleeping yet, but had my eyes closed and I felt I was flying out of my bedroom window, turned around and saw Steven seating on the roof of my house. I went to him and he started telling me that he was happy, that he loved me and that we will be together again and that I have to learn a lot. It only lasted like 5 min, because I was sucked back to my body... Really weird but fantastic experience.

When I feel sad, I start having sentences in my head, that really make me laugh and I just know it's Steven cheering me up, like he always did :-D

I'm sure that because you and John were so close that you're more sensitive for this kind of communication. It's Great!!! :-D

Like you I had sensed that something bad was going to happen. It wasn't just like you, as I just had that horrible feeling when waking up on THE day, I was restless, crying for dunno what...

It's all about your sixth sense, and some use it more easily or can activate it more easily... I'm reading a book about how to use more often the sixth sense, with a lot of exercises (dunno the name in english though) :-)

Bless you all

Elena

• Members

This is my first time to this thread (ADC's), and needed to share my experiences with people that would understand. We lost our daughter almost 2 years ago and since then I have had the basement door opening all the time and I couldn’t explain it. No one was home. I would shut it and the next time I would walk by it was open again and this went on for months. I finally opened the door all the way and called down to my daughter and said, “Ok Bridge, you can stop playing games now, you’re kinda freaking me out”, and it stopped. Then one day while sweeping the dog kept laying in the dirt, I was almost in tears because she would not move no matter what I did (110 # dog) and it was one of my very emotional days, then all of a sudden the front door flew open and the dog ran out, I walked behind her and said “thanks Bridge” and shut the door. Another time I was having lunch with someone else that lost a child and when leaving a tree was laying across the drive, I had noticed just before this that my son had called my cell and I couldn’t reach him and was getting very nervous, which happens all the time. I was so upset that I had to get out to move this tree (huge tree) out of my way before I could get home and find out what happened to my son. Well, I moved the tree got back in my car and started home. There was a head on collision up the road a couple of miles and had I not had to move the tree it would have been me. I can tell people these things and they all just look at me and smile…like I am an idiot, so I don’t tell people anymore, but I know that it is Bridgette doing these things. I smell her perfume all the time just for no reason at all. I know that she is with me…with us. How can I help my husband and son feel these things without them thinking I am a fool? I know that this has helped me through my grieving, I want them to be helped also.

Denise

• Members

Hello Everyone,

Last night I was in our HS auditorium for a lecture of drugs and alcohol and when I sat down I felt as if someone was blowing on my face...I asked my daughter if she blew on me and she said no....it was my husband. Saturday night I felt him with me as I sat in the cool air at our son's FB game and I felt a stream of warm air pass by me twice...I asked my sister-n-law if she felt it and she said no.....These are places I feel anxious at and I know my husband came thru to me just to let me know it is o.k. You all hang in there! Your not crazy! We are just alittle more intuitive and open than most. Somethings you just can't explain.....

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Ribitsmom, yes, these are really happening to you. It's really her. Pretty cool, eh? As for getting your husband to share in them, I don't know if she will, until he is ready. If he accepts the possibility of her presence, then she can visit him. Until then, she may not let him see these awesome things.

• Members

To Everyone Here...these type of things have all been very cool. Like most I felt I was losing my mind as well and making more out of happenings then I should but in my heart of hearts these are not coincidences...doors being open...hugs..feeling like your floating out of your boby before your mind goes to sleep...electric applicances giving signals..and a balloon in the shape of the sun and yellow falling at my feet!!! I believe all are signs and only here do I feel like I can REALLY talk about them without feeling like an idiot or like people are thinking poor thing...she's really fallen off her rocker..lol!

• Members

Everyone,

If you haven't read it check out the book, HELLO FROM HEAVEN by Bill and Judy Guggenheimer.....People don't just sit back and make this stuff up...it was a study done by this couple and interviewed 1000's for the book....It will help you all validate what you are going thru...Have a nice/peaceful nite!

• Members

Okay, you just all made me laugh because I thought I was losin' it too. I picture all of our kids banging on God's knee saying: "wait, wait, wait wait, there's stuff I gotta do, let me help FIX things for my(mom, dad, whomever)". A few nights after April's accident I was sitting at the kitchen table looking through hundreds of pictures. I hadn't eaten for a few days and I heard April's voice very clearly say, "mom, you better take care of yourself". She always did love to run the show, had a degree in communications and spoke a lot in public. I thank the Lord everyday that he allows me these "visits", they keep me going. Take Care, Renee

• Members

I've never posted on this part of the site before, but I read the posts all the time. Anyway, my reason for writing now is this....ever since my 16 year old son, Josh passed away on May 31, 2004, I had dreams of him off and on, and they were very vivid and I remembered every single thing about them, but I could never remember what we talked about, only that we talked and talked together. Now I have dreams of him, less than before, I don't know why, and I always wake after them, knowing I dreamed of him, but I can't recall anything other than I know I did dream of him. I guess I'm wondering why I can't remember now?

I also have had times where I feel him around me, also he sends us pennies all the time, in very weird places! After we celebrated his 17th birthday, 2 months after he passed, we had a few helium balloons left over and the morning after his picnic, around 5:00am, we heard a ballon coming up the stairway to our bedroom, it was banging against the walls as it came up, we think to wake us, (my husband and I), then the balloon just floated in front of each of our faces which may not have been that sifnificant except that we have a big box fan on at night and the balloon couldn't have stayed in fron tof each of our faces as long as it did with the fan blowing on us. Then the balloon went down on each side of our bed, where each of our dogs sleep and made a cmplete square around the room, I then lost site of it, in the darkness of our room and when I got up to look, it was sitting right next to me on the edge of the bed! When we got up we found all the other balloons from downstairs in a corner of our room, out of helium and on the floor, none of them made any sound as they came up to our room. My older son popped them all that day and put them in a place to keep them, and the next morning I went to wake my older son for work and there was a red balloon floating in his bedroom!!!!! He had popped all of them the day before!! Anyway, just wanted to share with you, in a place where I know I wont be thought of as "crazy"!!!

Thaks for letting me tell my story!

Josh's Mom

• Members

Iocasti: I am far from expert in this but my thought is that you need to be very open to it. I have a friend that lost her son in the same accident that we lost our daughter and we talk often, she never feels that she has been visited and then she tells me of all these visits but she just didn’t realize that they were her son. One was a dream where her son told her that they didn’t even see the train coming and that Bridgette was just goofing around, to me that was her son trying to assure us that they felt no pain. There have been numerous others that she has told me about but I think she feels that she is just imagining them…I think you need to be open and believe. If for no other reason, it makes you feel better to think/believe that your loved one is there sending you signs or just popping in to say hello. If I have ice that drops out of the fridge I will look at it as a sign, I know, sounds weird but my daughter was weird…goofy.

Joshsmom: Isn’t it great? It kind of gives you a warm fuzzy that you can carry with you all the time.

Archived