Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My heart and my soul.

chewbucka

• Members

Today i lost the most beautiful, compassionate and amazing person in my life in a car accident. Luciana was my every thing, my heart and my soul. My best friend. We had planned to move up to northern California in august for her to finish law school. I have never lost anyone close to me. Cant sleep, cant eat. I dont understand any of these emotions. I wish she was here with me, she would always make me feel better.

• Members
MissingDaniel

My heart goes out to you - I am so, so sorry! I hope you have friends and family around you to get you through this very difficult time. Please let them help you - and take care of yourself. Know that there are so many here that understand what you are dealing with and are here listen. I wish you comfort!

• Members

I am so very sorry to hear this. It's going to be rough, but we are all in this boat together. Come here often and express what is going on in your world, and let us share with you. Hugs to you.

• Members

Thanks for the words. I do have friends and family who are being very supportive. Its just hard to express how i feel to them, or for them to grasp how i feel. Its nice to know there are people who continue to live, not only for themselves, but for those they lost. I feel a barrage of emotions and i dont know how to deal with it all. I don't know how to continue. I know i will, for Luci, but i am not looking forward to it, really scared.

• Members

Thanks for the words. I do have friends and family who are being very supportive. Its just hard to express how i feel to them, or for them to grasp how i feel. Its nice to know there are people who continue to live, not only for themselves, but for those they lost. I feel a barrage of emotions and i dont know how to deal with it all. I don't know how to continue. I know i will, for Luci, but i am not looking forward to it, really scared.

The emotions, and the feelings can be very frightening at times. This is normal with a loss like this, especially a sudden one, when you weren't expecting it. Even when someone you love is ill, and is expected to die, it's hard to deal with. Sometimes, it takes everything I have just to get up in the morning. It is something that takes patience, understanding, and compassion with yourself. Don't be afraid to treat yourself kindly. Try to take good care of yourself. If you need to, see a therapist or counselor, or join a group, or both. This is a heavy burden to carry. Try and let others share the load with you.

• Members

Thanks again. I hope all of you find peace as well. It still all feels like a nightmare and i just need some reassurance that its possible to go on, because it doesn't feel like it.

• Members

Thanks again. I hope all of you find peace as well. It still all feels like a nightmare and i just need some reassurance that its possible to go on, because it doesn't feel like it.

Yes, it is possible. People who lose their partner/husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend go on every day. It doesn't feel like it's possible right now, but it is. Don't fight your feelings- let them go through you, and be expressed in a healthy manner. Talk about the loss to anyone who will listen. Cry when you need to. Take one day, and one little step, at a time.

• Members
Brokenwing702

So very very sorry and I am amazed that you are strong enough to reach out so fast. I'm just past the first month and still in a fog but can't imagine something so sudden. These forums do really help. I am glad you have a good support system but come here too and we will be there for you. No advice on how to go on because I'm just sorting that out myself. Just day by day, I guess. What else can you do?

Archived