Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Looking at pictures

kirasmom

• Members

It will be 2 years this wed (19th) since my beautiful 17 year old daughter was found floating in the tub having died from an apparent cardiac arrthymia. In preparing a poem and looking for a picture to put in the newspaper, I started looking through just some of the pictures of my daughter- first time in 2 years. I couldn't believe how powerful a picture could be, seeing her in every detail, remembering having taken most of those pictures myself, how vivid and bright she seems, the dress she wore to our trip to Cuba a month before she died was the one we buried her in. It hurts so much to look at the pictures. I can't even imagine what it would be like watching movies (which i have dozens of) with her in it hearing her voice or seeing her moving. There is no way i will ever look at these again. Did any of you have the same experiences with looking at pictures. It is almost nauseating it is so painful to look at them. Kira's mom

• Members

I have been trying to go through my pictures but have not been able to. I feel like I will know when the time is right. But, I don't know if there will ever be a right time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Archived