Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It's been a year...

4froggies

• Members

Today marks a year from the last time I heard my dad tell me he loves me and give me a hug.  I am so grateful for that memory. 

I miss you Dad and would give everything I am to have to back with us, even if only for a day.

I will love and miss you forever.

• Members

my thoughts and prayers are with you also. my beloved Mom passed away almost a year ago too. this coming saturday (april 26th) it will be a year and this past week has been especially hard. i'm thankful for all the love shared between my Mom and I, we were best friends and I'll always miss her. it's a very lonely time without the loved one that passed on. take care of yourself and know that we all understand how you're feeling; we're feeling it in our lives too.

• Members

I too have just pasted the 1st year mark (25th March) for both my Mum and Dad - I cannot believe a year has been and gone.  Like many of us last year was a blur and frankly I cannot remember some things but have vivid memories of that terrible day and the days that followed.  My grief has good days but today I was taken by the music that I played as I tendered to my garden.  Suddenly I was taken by the calming nature of the tune and simply ended in tears.  I have some of my Mums plants and I hope that they will continue to survive with careful babysitting.  One year is unbelieveable - My pain is still there and I have still not found my old self again.  Will we learn to smile again? Will we have some happiness again?  Take care everyone and be kind to yourself.  Gayle

• Members

It's officially been one year since my father entered heaven.  I pray the angels sing their most heavenly song in celebration of the anniversary of great addition of my father to their ranking....

I miss you Dad. It still doesn't seem possible that you are gone.

I love you

• Members
missingdaddy07
:( im very sorry to hear this. i lost my dad a year ago from cancer. i know how hard it is to go on without someone you love so dearly. my prayers go out to you.

• Members

Dad

Today is 2 years since I last heard you tell me you love me. I am so glad that I caught you before you went to work that day. I thought...how absent minded of you, I told you to get me before you left so I could talk to you and here you were, pulling out and I chased you down. What 30 year old does that--chase their dad down. Me. I did. And I thank God every day that I did.  My last hug from you...my last kiss on the cheek.  I would have bottled that moment up for the rest of my  life if I had only known.

I am now about to go through my second "anniversary" time period and am pretty sick about it.  Please help me through it.

I miss you so very much Dad....you were my strength for 30 years and I feel so weak without you.  I want to find my smile again, but it's hard not being able to share it with you.  Everything is so hard to enjoy. I only want you.

I love and miss you more than I ever thought possible.

Your daughter

Missy

• Administrators

Hi all,

We are getting down to five weeks to find out if we can hold the reunion or not. Could you please let us know if you will be attending and register online? We need 25 people total. This is an amazing opportunity to make something special happen. Just click the big banner at the top that says REUNION and follow the steps.

Love to hear from you.

Kelly

• Members

Well Dad, here we are. 2 years later.

2 years ago this very moment we held your hand as you took your last labored breaths.  We as a family stood by your side as the final drops of morphine were injected into your IVs and the machines were removed.

The end of the worst 4 days of my life. The 4 days where I watched you, a helpless shell, giving us the opportunity to say our goodbyes.  But it wasn't enough. I needed you. I needed your warmth, your smiles, I needed to hear you tell me you loved me--just one more time. 

I am so sorry for anything I ever did that made you not proud of me. I am sorry if I didn't tell you that I loved you enough, or if I didn't spend enough time with you. It's hard, because I know I did, but I still wish I did it more. I can't do enough to remember you, I can't do enough to honor you.

I miss and love you more than I ever thought possible. My reality is that you are gone, my reality is that my smile will never be as wide nor my eyes as bright.  I love and miss you more than words can say--

Until we meet again I will strive to be the person you always wanted me to be. I will dedicate myself to my son and to his growing up to make you proud--as I know you would have been had you been given the chance to know him in life.  I will raise him just as you raised me and I will love him as unconditionally as you loved me.

I miss you so much dad.  So So Much

Missy

post-18310-128153892992_thumb.jpg

• Members

Thank you. SOme days I struggle more than others, however I have found a new joy in our 6 month old son and have been able to dedicate my energy to raising him....

after all, the children are our future...

Michele

• Members
butterfly13

It's been 1 yr.today-I can't believe it!I miss you more and more every day mom!You were my best friend-my buddy,I'm lost without you.This world is just so empty without you in it.I love you-forever and ever!!!!

Archived