Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today was the day...

mares2001

• Members
mares2001

Today was the day, exactly one year ago that I last spoke to my mother. It really wasn't a conversation that I would have wished for. She was in the process of having a massive stroke/brain bleed and she was screaming for help at the back door. I went downstairs and she told me that she didn't want to mess up the bathroom...she had had an accident on the floor and the bathroom was brand new. This morning at 4am last year is when my world changed. I can remember everything I was doing this time last year. I never left the hospital until she passed away..which was on the 5th. Thanks for letting me express myself. I felt some of you would understand where I am coming from more than other people who have not gone through this.

• Members

Dear Mares2001,

I am painfully silenced. I am 5 months behind you in terms of reaching the 1 year point. Your mother sounds like she was the type of person to be worried for everyone else.. even worrying about cleaning up before attending to herself. I was drawn to your story as my father died of a hemmorhage to the brain (cause by giving tPA which I later found out was contraindicative) and it caused bleeding. I am sure that she appreciated knowing that you did everything to help her - by being by her side and not leaving.

• Members
sammihendo

I, too had a painful last memory with my mother. I was eight and decided to have a sleepover in my parents' room.. just for fun. When I was about to sleep, mommy started screaming and screaming. She thrashed around in her bed and I just ran to my room. I was scared and confused. Turns out, she had a seizure from her lung collapsing and she died a few days later. I could have said last words in the hospital, but she was unresponsive and the machines scared me. I'm sorry you went through this. God bless you. You will not regret staying with her at the hospital

Archived