Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ModKonnie

• Members
diamondintherough

I remember the phone ringing, half asleep I stumbled downstairs to answer the call, the call that would forever change my life! "Cara, Your niece has been in an accident...she rolled her car! Tylynne called here for help, Sheri on her way it's between here and Pangman....." My body went into turbo mode, **** where are my sweats? I wear sweats every day, but when I need them I can't find them. Finally found some pants, go to get shoes and leave...phone rings my heart is racing "hello" " are you coming out here?" It's Syd..."yep" " maybe you shouldn't..." I knew right then and there it was bad. As I flew out my front door I could do nothing but ask why? I remember driving as fast as my van would go, think frig I'm not stopping if the cops come up behind me.as I got closer to Pangman I saw the lights, ambulance was driving off, a fire truck was pulled over with the flashers going. I went numb as the poor volunteer fire fighter came to my van and I said " she's mine...that's my niece" his face was blank, I knew he had something awful to say. " just pull over by the truck Cara" the chief firefighter came over, not just any guy but her best friends dad! " is she gone? Is it bad? Tell me..." As I watched his lip tighten and quiver he spoke one word " yep" I have never been so angry in my life, you see this on tv hear it on the news but never ever did I believe it would be us. I cried, whimpered and screamed, the my little girl, my baby in that car. Not long after I asked them to take me to her...I will never forget what I saw or how I felt as we slowly crept down the stubble ditch, the air was cold, her hazards were blinking, the car was mangled! As we came around the back to the side I saw her laying there motionless, covered in a white sheet, she looked like a dead animal, the way a deer looks lying there on the side of the road. I did not stay there I sat In a vehicle waiting for something or someone to make it different, they never. I had to make the call , a call no one should ever have to make, I called my mom who was watching my kids, "she's gone" what? "Alyssa, she's dead" there was no sugar coating for it. From there we had to call her mom and dad, my dad and Darren. I can not describe what was going on with me at that moment I was moving but not there. As dawn came I went home to grab my sister we came back, I took her down that ditch again around her car to her body which still was laying there motionless, the sun made the sight of her not so gut wrenching maybe because now we could see her. We covered her fingers that peeked out from the sheet, cried while we held each other. This is not what any aunt needs to see but we did. We sat by her body till they took her away, we watched people gawk as they slowly drove by peaking at her car, her body lying under that sheet. She laid there for about 8hrs till they finally took her away. I will never forget that phone call, that drive, that ditch, I will never forget what I felt that morning 4:09 October 21, 2012. The morning my niece became an angel far too soon for me!

post-313888-0-64736600-1363245378_thumb.

post-313888-0-35624100-1363245391_thumb.

• Members

Diamondintherough,

I am so very sorry for your family's tragic loss. My brother was killed in a car wreck. I, also, will never forget the phone call or the police knocking on the door at the same time telling my father.

How is your sister doing? How are the rest of the family?Your niece is beautiful. It is good you could be there for your sister and hold your niece's hand for a little bit.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I am o orry for the loss of your dear niece .i too am haunted by the night the police came banging on my door telling me my only son was in critical condition.we stayed with him in the hospital for 8 days more untill he was brain dead.i know how tragic it is to lose someone so young and full of life and promise.my heart goes out to you snd your family.

• Members
missingpieces

I feel you sister. I lost my mother in law and niece in a horrific car accident one year ago. I will never forget that call. I'm so sorry.

Archived