20 year old daughter loses mother

hannahcc_

• Members

Yesterday evening my mum died after a 48 hour fight for her life in intensive care. She tried her hardest to survive, she had so much to live for, but by the end we all knew the time had come for her to leave us.

This has obviously still not hit me yet, my mind keeps focusing on her being dead, then immediately responding by saying that she isn't.

I have never had anyone close to me die so I have absolutely no idea how to even begin handling this.

Any advice would be appreciated

xx

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. Right now just take one minute at a time. It is going to be a long road. Rely on the ones Our Father sends to you. I'm sorry you have to be on this sight. But, there are people here who understand.

My prayers go out to you dear one

• Members

I am so sorry sweetie. Death is never easy. I lost my brother in 2006 from a heroin overdose, and my mom on Feb 28, 2013. My mom's death was very unexpected. She went to the dentist to have mouth surgery to get new teeth put in. Around 3am the next morning she died. I am like you in the sense that it hasn't really hit me yet. I do have my moments when I cry and get so very angry. That morning when I heard my dad & sister yelling mom's dead, my immediate reaction was to scream and punch the wall. I'm a very petite woman and I broke my knuckle. I'm 29 and moved back in with my parents after I had my daughter. My mom was 55. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. And I am noticing some of those reasons coming out already. It's gonna be hard hun. I don't know what your beliefs are but for me I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Too many things have happened in my life not to. So I give as much pain and grief to him. What also helps is talking to her, or even writing her a poem or a letter. I feel my mom around me all the time. It's crazy! It's like getting a limb amputated, it's gone and you will ALWAYS miss it, but it will heal:-) Good luck to you sweetie and know that you can e-mail me.

• Members

Another thing that might help is wear something of hers that hasn't been washed. Like I am wearing her favorite coat now. It smells like her and that brings so much comfort to me. Oh yeah, I just turned 30 on March 6th. Lol I forgot because I didn't want to celebrate. Anyway, try that. Wearing her coat makes me feel like she is hugging me:-)

Archived