Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my wonderful dad

joannedouglas1972

• Members
joannedouglas1972

Hi all grieving people out there. My dad past away at the end of October, well we are in march now and this month would have been his 70th birthday. He was such a strong man and a well man that it wad hard to see him get ill we all thought he was invincible probably especially me the youngest of six and a nurse. When I went over to spain in the may of last year he said he was feeling tired unusually tired I put it down to him actually getting old and the heat over there. My dad came home in August and went to the drs as this symptom had become worse and he had abdominal pain. Well to cut a long story short he had cancer of the liver and it did cut the hoped long story short. He was not a drinker as this can be associated with liver cancer. Because I knew straight away the prognosis it hit me hard, I cared for dad as best I could, but I live with the what if's. I cry most days but over the last week I have gone low I miss him so much and am sad to loss him at his age especially as he was normally so well. I know I also lucky because I spent time with my parents and we loved each other dearly , which makes the loss more pronounced. My mum is finding life without dad real hard and it hurts to see her hurting to, I worry that I'm depressed but think it's just grief for my wonderful dad x love you dad miss you forever x It's me

• Members

We lost our daughter in Oct. too. The emotions you are going through are normal, at least they are to me, everyday. A friend of mine suggested buying a pretty or nice journal, everytime you have a fond memory write it in the journal. Later, when you are ready you can randomly flp to one and smile.This is what I have started doing. It is grief. I believe the emptiness will always be there, to a degree. We will learn to live with the emptiness. I am greatful for the sort time that we had with our Emily Grace. But, it was not long enough. Unfortunately we did not get a choice. So, we do the only thing we can do, hold on to the memories. I bet your DAD visits you often and smiles at the strong person He helped raise.

Archived